- Grade: SEO/PO/FAVP
- Required for: IT Division
- Job Nature: Permanent position
Job Description / Responsibility
- The role includes capacity planning, installation, configuration, database design, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery.
- Establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database.
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS).
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Carry out capacity planning.
- Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- Graduation in CS/ CSE/ ICT/ IT/ ETE/ Software Engineering from any reputed university. Post Graduation will be given preference.
- OCP Certification in DBA track.
3 to 8 year(s)
- Minimum 03-08 years experience in oracle database in any reputed organization preferably in Banks/FIs.
- Experience in any CBS application with oracle database, Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Golden Gate, Database Security, Unix, Linux, AIX, Tuning database and monitor performance trends will be given preference.
- Knowledge on Storage, Tape Library, Storage Manager.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
- Attractive compensation package.
- Excellent working environment.
- Smooth career progression.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
If you feel, you are the right candidate to face the challenges and want to join the winning team, submit your full length CV highlighting the academic and professional experiences along-with recent passport size color photograph of white background addressing Senior Executive Vice President, Human Resources Division, Mercantile Bank Limited, Head Office, 61, Dilkusha C/A, Dhaka-1000.
Please mention the name of the position on top of the envelope.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted at the sole discretion of the Bank regardless of eligibility or qualifications. Any attempt to influence the selection process by any candidate, directly or indirectly, shall disqualify that particular candidate without any further notice or communication.
The Bank reserves the right to accept or cancel any application without assigning any reason whatsoever at any stage of the recruitment & selection process and against which no claim can be made, either to the Bank or with any Authority.
Application Deadline : Jun 23, 2019