Gana Unnayan Kendra (GUK) is looking for suitable candidates for UNFPA supported `Engaging Rohingya and host community women, men, boys and girls in social change through mobilization methods that empower them to prevent and address GBV and harmful gender-related practices`` projects in Cox`s Bazar district.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Provide technical support to skill Facilitators on session planning, methodology and documentation.
- Do regular checking of the session plans and documentation, data collecting tools to ensure data are captured properly and timely.
- Lead the development of implementation strategies of WLCC and livelihood intervention from the protection point of view;
- Lead the organizing of Self-help group (SHG), assist in their meetings, setting-up goals and planning, provide guidance and technical support to the group.
- Oversee functions and performance of the team members in terms of indicators and activities; compliance of GUK policies, as UNFPA implementing partner this includes: Anti Fraud policy, Prevention on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Zero Tolerance to Gend-based violence (GBV) No Do Harm principles and National laws.
- Ensure that all programme activities are implemented according to GUK program Annual Work Plan with high quality and timely submission of report to Monitoring and Evaluation Unit.
- Conduct organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on participants.
- Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each educational session
- Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Prepare regular progress action reports and relevant document such as lesson learned and challenges in the implementation of GBV and Livelihood intervention;
- Proactively engage in other Organizations relevant intiatives.
- Weekly monitoring on the documentation (participants engage in home-based incom and people coming to WLCC) and collecting data tools of the team and ensure that the data collected are based on set indicators.
- Maintain updated WLCC progress reports.
- Regular consultation with participants to get feedback from the sessions, including protection issues.
- Prepare pdistribution plan (cash and in-kind kits) and carry-out monthly risk mapping; before, during and after cash distribution.
- Conduct focus group discussion two weeks after the completion of the 4-month modular training; reord the information and data and submit to M&E.
- Verify data with the team befor submitting the complete ' indicator monitoring' tool to M&E.
- When there is critical issue/challenges that may harm the WLCC implementation and cash distribution, immediately the Center Coordinator report to GUK manager/UNFPA/WFP for appropriate and timely action.
- Strengthening linkages between existing organizations in both refugee camp and host communities to ensure synergies between similar programs.
- Represent GUK in sector/coordination meetings and forum related to GBV prevention and livelihood-life/economic empowerment within WLCC catchment area.
- Promote WLCC in external meetings and forum.
- Any other tasks that may be required by GUK in order to achieve program indicators.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- Graduate in areas such as social work, gender, law/human rights, sociology , community development and/or other related social science disciplines
At least 3 year(s)
- Age at most 40 years
- Minimum relevant experience of 3 years in program management, livelihood/GBV, protection program in both emergency and development context.
- At least two (2) years' experience in NGO/INGO/UN system.
- Field experience in complex emergencies, including humanitarian emergency response, is desired.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience within a complex environment.
- Proven relevant experience in women empowerment, livelihood and GBV prevention/ protection program.
- Good understanding of human rights-based, survivors-centered, gender mainstreaming and participatory approach.
- Experience in training development.
- Proven communications and inter-personal skills, IT literacy, as well as organizational skills and time-management.
- Team player
Age: At most 40 year(s)
Other admissible benefits as per project policy
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Gana Unnayan Kendra (GUK) is looking for suitable candidates for mentioned position for ongoing `Engaging Rohingya and host community women, men, boys and girls in social change through mobilization methods that empower them to prevent and address GBV and harmful gender-related practices` projects. Interested candidates are requested to send their CV, 2 copy of recent passport size color photographs, photocopy of all academic and experience certificates and national ID card along with an own handwriting cover letter to the Chief Executive, Gana Unnayan Kendra (GUK), Nashratpur, Gaibandha-5700 or Gana Unnayan Kendra (GUK) Dhaka Office: House # 9, Road # 1/B, Banani, Dhaka-1213.
* Only short listed candidates will be contacted through cell phone/ SMS/ Email.
*Only Female candidates are allowed to apply.
*Candidates will be given priority who known local language of Cox`s Bazar well.
* No TA/DA would be provided for recruitment test.
Application Deadline: September 26, 2019
Application Deadline : Sep 26, 2019
Gana Unnayan Kendra (GUK), Nashratpur, Gaibandha-5700.
Gana Unnayan Kendra (GUK), a community led non government organization was established in 1985 in Gaibandha district. Presently Gana Unnayan Kendra (GUK) has been working in Gaibandha, Rangpur, Nilphamari, Kurigram, Dinajpur, Bogra, Joypurhat, Kushtia, Panchagarh and Lalmonirhat districts. The organization has gained well reputation and achieved notable changes in development, particularly in the area of Livelihood Improvement, Education for Children, Gender Equality, Women Empowerment, Human Rights and Disaster Risk Reduction & Climate change through various development projectshttp://www.gukbd.net