Job Description / Responsibility
- Initiate and coordinate all the technical activities with the partners and local authorities and other relevant agencies engaged in the WASH sector at national level and across the context (urban, coastal, char & Haor) based project/programme.
- Lead in the WASH analysis across contexts and support in program designing through knowledge base contribution on updated technical analysis, good practices, innovation and internal & external learnings.
- Develop Protocol and procedures of water and sanitation options for Concern WASH Program;
- Effectively engage with sectoral (WASH) stakeholders to identify technical capacity need and extend support to work collaboratively.
- Take the lead role in developing guidelines, manuals on WASH Technologies.
- Assist in analysing reports on evolving humanitarian needs and provide clear recommendations for interventions;
- Engage at the national level policy makers in appropriate WASH technology model and influence budget allocations in the sector for replicating the innovative model in hard to reach areas;
- Actively engage with Water and Sewerage Supply Authority (WASA) and other influential sectoral actors in WASH, explore feasible water and sanitation solutions and influence pro-poor investment.
- Promote and ensure compliance with the requirements of Concern's HR policies, Concern's Code of Conduct and its associated safeguarding policies and Core Humanitarian Standards of Accountability to ensure maximum protection to programme beneficiaries, and to welcome feedback.
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Country Director/Programmes Director or the line manager.
A Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering with 5 (five) years of progressive working experience in Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) projects or Diploma in Engineering with at least 07 (seven) years of experiences in WASH
At least 5 year(s)
- At least 05 years progressively responsible experience in providing technical guidance and support to the program and/or at organizational levels in implementation, monitoring and reporting WASH projects.
- Substantive working experience on advocacy, technological solutions and capacity building on wide range of WASH issues in urban particularly for urban extreme poor (e.g. pavement dweller, squatter & undeveloped slum)
- Experience in the design and construction of WASH infrastructure in both urban & rural area
- Experience in the supervision and management through extensive field visits in difficult geographical project locations
- Experience in developing and piloting of water technology/models for hard to reach areas including urban
- Working experience in partnership with wide range of organization (NGO, network/platform/forum, consortia, campaign partner etc.) and experience of managing both funding & non-funding relationship with partners is an advantage.
- Must have good networking relationship with range of Government, UN, INGO agencies and other WaSH stakeholders.
- Good understanding of water contamination factors, water testing protocols and hygiene strategies.
- Experience on training module development and training facilitation skills are essential.
- Proficient knowledge of standard computer software (MS word, Excel and project management software)
- High level competency on developing quality documentation of project learning and good practices.
Gross Annual Salary range (inclusive of Festival Bonus, Gratuity and Provident Fund): BDT 1,217,424 - BDT 1,712,833
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
apply through this link : http://hotjobs.bdjobs.com/jobs/concernworld/concernworld345.html
Application Deadline : Sep 21, 2019