- Type of Contract: Core position
- Contract Duration: Initially for Three (03) Years with possibility of extension
- Gross Annual Salary range (inclusive of Festival Bonus & Gratuity):
- Duty Station: Dhaka with frequent field visit to Project sites
Job Description / Responsibility
- Developing and formulating a Country Communications strategy for Concern Worldwide in Bangladesh which is aligned with Concern's Global Communications Strategy, in consultation with colleagues, partner organisations and media organisations, incorporating plans and systems
- Enabling innovative and quality design and production of a wide range of materials, including success and need based case studies, brochures, blogs, information packs, banners, posters, documentaries, videos, and exhibitions etc. (ensure compliance with Concern's policy/guidelines)
- Ensuring a quality, coherent and consistent approach in the development of visibility materials and presentation of Concern's work to media, general public and other development actors based on the evidence of impact of our work captured in collaboration with programme teams.
- Working closely with Advocacy Coordinator to identify appropriate communication tools and techniques to ensure key advocacy messages are effectively delivered and campaigns are ultimately successful.
- Ensuring development of central information storage (both electronic and hard copy) accessible by all staff, to act as a resource for learning.
- Supporting the fund raising initiatives of Concern by collaborating with SMT and Programme teams through producing fund-raising content, developing social & behavioural change communication (SBCC) components, communications plan and budget, branding and visibility interventions in line with donor compliance for new project proposals.
- As a member of the Technical Unit, to work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure excellence within Concern's work is captured, promoted and disseminated.
- Contribute to the process of implementing quality programmes by ensure that the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) on Quality and Accountability are effectively implemented throughout the organisation, and at the country programme level.
Masters' degree in English or Journalism/ Media or in relevant subject having exposure in Journalism/ Media
At least 5 year(s)
- At least 5 years of experience in writing and editing in the field of development communications.
- Proven experience of developing a wide range of communications materials for both online and offline media, ensuring visibility and effective brand management at all times.
- Excellent writing and editing in English and Bangla, with strong computer literacy.
- Good understanding of development sector and issues in Bangladesh
- Ability to work in very organized manner with high level skill in planning, interpersonal communication, presentation and coordination.
- Technically competent in internal communication, media engagement, event management, social media, and public campaigns
- Good access to print and electronic media.
Gross Annual Salary range (inclusive of Festival Bonus & Gratuity): BDT 1,217,424.00 - BDT 1,798,467.00
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting