- Category/grade: General Service, G6
- Post Number: 10031057
- Type of contract: Fixed-term Appointment
- Date of Issue: 6th August 2019
- The effective date of assignment: As soon as possible
- The Human Resources Associate provides support and assistance in the areas of operational support, workforce planning, assignments and talent acquisition, organizational cultural changes, HR policy implementation and duty of care in the area of responsibility (AOR). The incumbent maintains employee confidence and protects the organization and its workforce by keeping human resources information confidential.
- The Human Resources Associate is usually supervised by the Associate HR Officer, HR Officer or another HR or admin staff. This position can be located in a Country Operation, Multi-Country Office, Regional Bureau or Headquarters. The Human Resources Associate may supervise General Service staff. The supervisor provides the incumbent with regular guidance. The incumbent works quite independently on regular assignments with an oversight from the supervisor, assisting him/her in personnel administration and other HR related matters.
- The incumbent may maintain a direct working relationship with a number of units within the Division of Human Resources (DHR).
- All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR`s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Human Resources Operational Support:
- Implement HR operational activities to ensure timely provision of HR solutions, prioritizing according to the needs and risks. This may include.
- Administration of recruitment, assignment and separation of local staff in the AOR, in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Update of personnel records in the Office, including MSRP entries into HR module where required.
- Assisting with recruitment and other procedures related to affiliate workforce, including MSRP entries into where required.
- Contribution to workforce planning activities.
- Provision of a HR customer service-oriented culture that values proactivity, continuous improvement, innovation and high performance.
- Enforce compliance with UNHCR's Human Resources policies and procedures and the UN staff rules, regulations and UNHCR administrative instructions.
- Assignments and Talent Acquisition:
- Participate in the recruitment of local staff including the issuance of vacancy notices and arranging for required tests and interviews, and preparation of submissions for the review by the Assignments Committee (AC).
- Assist in organizing outreach campaigns to attract diverse applicants.
- Track and report on recruitment and assignments activities.
- Advice to staff and contribution to an inclusive work environment.
- Build dialog and outreach with the workforce; answer questions and provide information to staff as to where to go for help or ask questions.
- Advise staff members and affiliate workforce on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements.
- Be proactive in identifying issues, themes and patterns affecting the workforce's health and welfare, including sexual harassment and abuse of authority.
- Assist in the provision of on-boarding, induction, re-integration into the workplace and off-boarding to colleagues.
- Assist in implementation of HR initiatives that support organizational culture change such as good people management practices, and promoting gender, inclusion and diversity.
- Duty of Care:
- Assist in the security and medical evacuations of UNHCR personnel. Maintain daily tracking record of staff and families to provide accurate information in case of emergency.
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
For G6 - 6 years relevant experience with High school diploma plus Advanced Training/Certificate
At least 6 year(s)
- Certificates and/or Licenses
- Business Administration, Office Management, Human Resources Management or related field.
- Relevant Job Experience
- Experience working in Human Resources. Knowledge of general HR policies, processes and systems.
- Experience in HR information technology systems and tools. Experience working with the United Nations. Experience working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Functional Skills:
- UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
- IT-Computer Literacy
- HR-Administer/manage a large number of staffs, preferably within the UN
- Talent development
- Provision of technical HR advice
- Relationship Management
- Learning Agility
- Language Requirements
- Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Competency requirements:
- Core Competencies:
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Managerial Competencies:
- Managing Resources
- Cross-Functional Competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Change Capability and Adaptability
- Internal candidates: Interested staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (IOM/49-FOM/50/2012 dated 15 June 2012). If you have questions regarding your eligibility, you may also contact the HR Unit.
- An applicant who has internal status is a staff member holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment in any duty station in the country. Former UNHCR General Service staff members, having held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment for an uninterrupted period of at least one year may apply for internally advertised vacancies at their previous grade or equivalent or one grade above, if the seniority requirements are met, for a period of two years following separation (if such criteria are not met, former staff members can still apply as external candidates).
- External candidates: External candidates must meet the essential minimum requirements of the position and candidates not citizens of the country must comply with all eligibility requirements for employment in line with the prevailing legislative prerequisites in the country. Completed and relevant university education can count as maximum 50% of the required years of work experience.
A competitive compensation and benefits package are offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit their applications with fully complete and signed Personal History Form and Supplementary Pages via online: UNHCR Bangladesh Job Portal www.unhcr.io/jobs.
Personal History Form not submitted in UNHCR format as well as not signed, incomplete and late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted during the application. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Application Deadline : Aug 24, 2019