Job Location: BRAC Head Office
Job Description / Responsibility
- Identify safety related issues, prioritize, take preventive measures for avoiding accidents, develop safe procedures, conduct safety awareness training, practices and drills.
- Find out the innovative preventive solutions based on the site risks assessment of BRAC's major establishments. Advise & assist Safety in-charge/management to any safety related concerns.
- Ensure building and structural safety of BRAC buildings and facilities in coordination with construction and maintenance department in line with Bangladesh National Building Code, Rajdhani Unnayan Kartipakkha (RAJUK), Chittagong Development Authority (CDA), Khulna Development Authority (KDA), Rajshahi
- Development Authority (RDA), Pourashavas, Upazila Parishads and other relevant regulations.
- Inspection of Sites, Field/Regional offices, Factories, BRAC Learning Centres and other BRAC Offices to improve the safety culture as well as fire preventive installations and developing safe operating procedures.
- Study and find out the best intellectual technology solution along with dept. in-charge for adding value for the employees including stakeholders and ensuring safe working environment..
- Prepare monthly report of the major incident and share the learnings along with the improvement plan on developing safety culture. Assist in the development, annual reviews and upgrading of existing safety programmes.
- Develop an effective training calendar, visit plan and maintain accordingly for the organization on building safety culture across the organization.
- Identify hazards, prioritize and eliminate, steps of developing safety team, take innovative sustainable steps for ensuring occupational health & safety.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme's goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Bachelor/Masters in Mechanical Engineering /IPE/EEE/Applied Physics/Chemistry or any other relevant discipline from any recognised University with minimum second class in all exams/CGPA 2.5 and above or equivalent.
3 to 4 year(s)
- Age at most 35 years
- Minimum 3-4 years practical, hands on safety experience in reputed organisation is preferable.
- Applicants having Professional Degree or Institutional Training in International OHS Lead Audit, NEBOSH, OSHA, OHSAS 18001, Firefighting & Rescue Operations, First Aid or Safety Engineering will be given preferences.
Age: At most 35 year(s)
Festival Bonus, Contributory Compulsory Provident Fund, Gratuity, Performance Bonus, Health & Life Insurance and others.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting