- Society for Health Extension and Development (SHED) a National NGO working in Bangladesh is inviting applications from suitable Bangladeshi candidates for its programme title ` Emergency Nutrition Interventions for children under 5, adolescents and Pregnant and Lactating Women (PLW) in Cox`s Bazar" The Programme is fully supported by UNICEF. Now SHED is looking for qualified Bangladeshi candidates for the post of "Technical Manager-Nutrition" under Health and Nutrition Department. Number of Vacant Position is 01 (ONE)
- Job Context:
- To provide Technical Support at Outpatient Therapeutic Programme (OTP), Capacity Building of Technical Officers, Paramedics, Outreach team and OTP staff and Breastfeeding Support Centres (BSCs) situated at Rohiangya camps ensuring Nutritional treatment to The SAM children following CMAM national and International Protocol.
- Tenure: up to 31st October-2019 (With high extension possibility)
Job Description / Responsibility
- CAPACITY BUILDING:
- To prepare yearly training plan.
- To organize ToT on CMAM for OTP staff.
- To Organize and Facilitate ToT and basic training for Breastfeeding staff on IYCF.
- To conduct Training Need Assessment (TNA) of all staff.
- To provide On the Job Training(OJT) for field level staff.
- To develop training materials.
- To make training report for each and every conducted training.
- To Provide training on Nutrition Gardening/Cooking demonstration
- To attend CiC meeting at camp level.
- To attend Nutrition Sector/CMAM/IYCF working group meeting at Camp level.
- To organize Nutrition Focal meeting at selected camps.
- To attend and share regular programme update to Upazila NGO coordination meeting.
- To attend and comply with CMAM and IYCF Technical Working Group Meeting.
- To maintain liaison with Civil Surgeon Office and Upazila Health and Family Planning office.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE:
- To analysis Daily Report.
- To cross check each data with existing records.
- To recommend and take initiatives based on monitoring findings shared by Monitoring officer.
- To provide need based support to service delivery staff.
- To organize joint field visit with GOV and UNICEF.
- To strengthen outreach activity as preventive measure.
- To organize Monthly progress sharing meeting with Programme staff.
- Make weekly CMAM report for Nutrition Sector.
- Make biweekly SitRep for Nutrition Sector.
- Make monthly progress report for UNICEF.
- Make Quarterly Narrative for UNICEF and SHE
Master of Science (MS) in Nutrition and Food Science/ Food Technology and Nutrition Science/ Applied Nutrition and Technology from any reputed public University.
At least 3 year(s)
- Minimum 03 years' practical experience in NGO/related field.
- Practical Knowledge in CMAM and IYCF programme.
- Good communication skills both in English & Bengali
- ENGLISH: Professional Written and spoken
- Knowing local dialects (Cox's Bazar region/ Rohingya dialect) is an asset.
Group Insurance Facility & others facilities will be given as per organization policy/ project provisions.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
icddr'B Campus, Main Road, Teknaf, Cox's Bazar.
SHED - the Society for Health Extension and Development is a renown organization of Bangladesh especially in Cox`s Bazar District was established as the successor to the ICDDR,B Teknaf Station following the closer of the former in September, 1989. The organization has flourished and stepped into one of the reputed Non-Government National Organizations in Bangladesh and engaged in transforming the lives of the community people towards positive changes in selected areas of the country. Currently SHED has been implementing eight more projects with DWA of GoB, UN-WFP, ACF, CARE Bangladesh, USAID, Aroynak Foundation, GIZ in different upazilas of Chittagong and Cox`s Bazar District.http://www.shedbd.org/