Category : NGO/Development Application deadline has been passed!
Public Private Partnership Specialist
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
: Not mandatory
: Not mentioned
: Jun 10, 2019
: Jun 18, 2019
- The FAO Representation in Bangladesh is inviting applications from qualified national candidates to the following vacant position under the project "GCP/BGD/059/USA and GCP/BGD/063/EU: Meeting the Undernutrition Challenges (MUCH)".
- Background: FAO Bangladesh assists the Government to formulate policies, programmes and projects to address the root causes of hunger and malnutrition, develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and utilize environmental and natural resources in a sustainable way. It contributes to the development of FAO`s field programme projects in the country and implements them in the sectors of food security, agriculture and rural development.
- "Meeting the Undernutrition Challenge (MUCH)" is the follow-up project of the National Food Policy Capacity Strengthening Programme (NFPCSP) and is based in the Food Planning and Monitoring Unit (FPMU) of the Ministry of Food (MoFood) in Bangladesh. The MUCH project broadens the scope of NFPCSP`s interventions by extending support to other core ministries, civil society organizations (CSOs) and the private sector, endeavouring to achieve a strengthened enabling environment for eradicating food insecurity and malnutrition. It does this by improving in particular (i) cross-sectoral and sectoral policies and investment programmes for food security and nutrition (FSN) that are gender sensitive; (ii) human and organizational resource development for FSN; (iii) financial resource allocation for FSN; (iv) inclusiveness of governance and coordination mechanisms for FSN; and (v) comprehensiveness of information generation to support FSN policy formulation and programming.
- Office Location: MUCH Project Office, Food Planning and Monitoring Unit, Ministry of Food, Khaddy Bhaban, 16 Abdul Gani Road, Dhaka-1000
- Duration: 4 months
Job Description / Responsibility
- The Public Private Partnership (PPP) Specialist works under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Bangladesh, the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO) of the "Meeting the Undernutrition Challenge (MUCH)" project, and the direct supervision of the MUCH Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) in close consultation and collaboration with the MUCH Technical Assistance Team (TAT), government counterparts, especially the Food Planning and Monitoring Unit (FPMU), as well as development partners, including donors, civil society and the private sector.
- Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Bangladesh, the direct supervision of the MUCH Chief Technical Advisor (CTA), and in close consultation and collaboration with the MUCH Technical Assistance Team (TAT), government counterparts, especially the FPMU and the policy/planning wings of Core Ministries (Food, Agriculture, Fisheries/Livestock, Women/Children Affairs, and Health/ Family Welfare), as well as development partners, including civil society and the private sector, the incumbent will:
- Review and assess the ongoing and planned partnerships between the Government of Bangladesh (GoB) and the private sector in areas related to food security, nutrition, food systems, value chains, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, fisheries and livestock, using the CIP2 as a frame of reference;
- Identify at least one priority sub-programme from each of the five CIP2 pillars for consideration for potential partnerships;
- Carry out an assessment of private sector capacity needs for nutrition-sensitive food systems by taking into account the mutual benefits from the PPPs as well as the potential risks that could affect coordination and collaboration;
- Define and propose main areas of engagement with the private sector for the identified sub-programmes - e.g. development and implementation of specific technical programmes, policy dialogues, norms and standard setting, capacity building, advocacy and communication, knowledge management and dissemination, and resource mobilization;
- Prepare and finalize a draft Private Sector Strategy that include i) key areas built around the five priority investment of CIP2 and identified private sector needs; ii) a set of principles and guidelines for the collaboration between the GoB and the private sector; and iii) an action plan that sets out practical steps to be taken in implementing the Strategy;
- Organize orientation session(s) or workshop(s) to guide the ministries through the adoption, implementation and monitoring of the Strategy;
- Coordinate and build synergy with the activities of the SUN Business Network for Bangladesh;
- Contribute to the formulation of the BFNSP by drafting a chapter on the PPPs based on the work carried out; and
- Perform any other duties to ensure successful completion of the assignment.
Advanced university degree in public or business administration, management, policy analysis, social science, international development or a related field
- Relevant working experience in policy analysis and advice related to the above field
- Working knowledge of English
- The ability to write clear, concise reports in Bangla, make effective oral presentations, and undertake translation between English and Bangla languages is an asset.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!
Other jobs of this Category