The purpose of this position is to establish a model/system in selected BRAC International countries including capacity development to address disasters and emergency situation.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Design disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness and response plan framework considering BRAC International global plan, strategies and focus.
- Provide project management and technical support to the country emergency preparedness and response teams on disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness and response interventions.
- Support country teams to conduct country risk assessment for designing emergency response strategies and implementation plans considering internationally accepted standards and frameworks.
- Design, promote, and facilitate capacity development of a global team to address emergency preparedness and response at country level and BRAC International.
- Provide financial and grants support to country emergency preparedness and response teams.
- Facilitate & monitor communication for information sharing and maintain contact with related stakeholders.
- Monitor risk management, safety and security situation through country teams and support them to adapting relevant procedures.
- Report writing and budget development for relevant stakeholders.
- Engage with regional and global forum on humanitarian response, disaster risk reduction and climate change for co-creation of concepts, access resource and policy dialogues.
- Promote and facilitate BRAC International humanitarian branding at regional and global level.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme's goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Masters in Disaster Management/Urban Planning/ Social Science from an accredited university.
7 to 8 year(s)
- Knowledge on disaster management and emergency response programme/ project management
- Ability to document lessons learned and apply them to future project/programme management
- Ability to work under pressure with self-awareness, cultural sensitivity, respect to diversity, flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to demonstrate values, core purpose and principles of humanitarian work
- Proven track record in capacity development interventions for teams
- Effective presentation and writing skills
- Effective donor communications skill
- At least 7-8 years working experience in disaster management, planning and capacity development
- Experience of working with cross boarder team and culture.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting