- ABOUT US: We envision a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. Over the last 45 years we have grown to become the largest non-profit development organisation in the world, and our work has empowered millions of people living in poverty to take control of their lives. Reaching an estimated 138 million people, with staff in thousands of offices across 11 countries, as well as affiliate offices in another three, a career at BRAC offers you endless ways to make a change in our world.
- Social Innovation Lab (SIL) is a cross-disciplinary platform for our staff to learn about best practices in development, generate ideas, experiment, and share knowledge about scalable innovations with the global development community. SIL works as a knowledge and experimentation hub, and has been continuously supporting BRAC for stay ahead of the curve by capitalising on emerging opportunities and catalysing innovation throughout the organisation.
- ABOUT THE POSITION:
- We are looking for an experienced, creative individual with a passion for financial inclusion to join the Innovation Ecosystem & Partnerships Unit within Social Innovation Lab. You`ll work with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals to forge new opportunities for collaboration between our programmes and key stakeholders, improving existing programming or experimenting with new solutions with the potential to improve lives for the millions of people we seek to serve.
- This position will primarily manage the Innovation Fund for Digital Financial Services, through which BRAC has been partnering with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation since 2013 to explore the integration of mobile money across programmes and internal operation platforms. You will be joining the team at an exciting time, as BRAC works to capture and translate the lessons learned from our work with mobile money to a broader audience. You will have the opportunity to act as the voice of BRAC in the digital financial services space, representing the work of the organisation to stakeholders in Bangladesh and abroad. You will also spearhead coordination of a randomized controlled trial on loan digitization with multi sectoral partners, directly contributing to the acceleration of financial inclusion for women country-wide.
- For this position: The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with the ability to think critically, work collaboratively, and adapt quickly in a flexible environment. S/he will also demonstrate a passion for fighting global poverty through financial inclusion.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Managing development of key communications pieces and reports related to BRAC's work through the Innovation Fund for Digital Financial Services
- Identifying opportunities for knowledge sharing and dissemination of Innovation Fund learnings in public forums
- Representing the work of the Innovation Fund at international conferences, national events, and local workshops
- Coordinating a multi-stakeholder, randomized controlled trial around digitization of loan products
- Driving strategic partnerships with key national and international stakeholders to enhance the impact of SIL and BRAC
- Building meaningful collaborations with BRAC USA, UK, reputed universities, research institutes, corporates, start-ups and relevant international platforms to increase SIL's visibility and highlight BRAC's contribution to the development.
- Maintaining liaison between BRAC programmes and external partners
- Enhancing SIL's overall strategic positioning within the organisation
- Driving initiatives to build and improve internal innovation ecosystem at BRAC
- Managing Frugal Innovation Forum and driving post-forum partnership opportunities
- Representing BRAC in external national and international platforms
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme's goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Bachelor's Degree any discipline from any recognised university.
2 to 3 year(s)
- 2-3 years of experience in local or international corporate or development sector, preferably in knowledge management, partnership development and communications.
- Qualification in and/or significant experience in financial inclusion related field is highly desired.
- Understanding of digital financial services and industry knowledge is preferred.
Festival Bonus, Contributory Compulsory Provident Fund, Gratuity, Health Insurance, Staff Security Benefit and others
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting