Category : NGO/Development Application deadline has been passed!
MSF Belgium (Medecins Sans Frontieres/ Doctors Without Borders (MSF)
: Full Time, Contractual
: At least 2 year(s)
: Ukhia, Cox's Bazar
: Not mentioned
: May 15, 2019
: May 22, 2019
- Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients` mental health.
- This post is project based/ contractual. Contract duration: 6 months, with 3 months probation period.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients' treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Specific Accountabilities:
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Ensuring the implementation of referral strategy between MSF departments and outside MSF with the support of MHAM
- Ensuring the patient flow within the mental health unit is maintained between counselors and the MHGap doctors
- Working closely with the MHGap doctors on the case progress and updating the MHS/MHAM
- Identifying vulnerable cases like SGBV, moderate to severe MH conditions, children, pregnant women and providing psychological interventions according to the condition
- Regularly filling the line sheet of first and follow up consultations and submitting on time to MHAM
- Participate actively in trainings, case discussions arranged within the MSF department
- Reviewing case files with the support of MHAM to plan progress , closure and adapt of treatment plans.
Full Time, Contractual
- Bachelor of Social Science (BSS) in Psychology
- Essential degree or diploma in Psychology.
- Skills Required: Counseling
At least 2 year(s)
- Age at least 24 years
- Must have degree in Psychology and 2 years' experience minimum as a Psychologist
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO's in developing countries
- Languages: Speaking Chittagong or/and Rohingya dialect
- Knowledge: Computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
- Festival Bonus: 2
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!