Job Description / Responsibility
- Plans and facilitates the design and implementation of the UNCT's data and research strategy in alignment with the Country Common Analysis (CCA) and UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF);
- Undertakes empirical analysis, data mining and visualization to assist the Resident Coordinator (RC) and UNCT, including results groups, in developing reports and working papers on a range of sustainable development topics;
- Collects information on the latest developments of the use of new types of data sources and tools (e.g. big data) for sustainable development;
- Provides substantive and analytical support to RC/UNCT in preparing and positioning the UN to accelerate the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the country, including the drafting of reports, as well as analytical and position papers;
- Undertakes research and development of data and research UNCT tools and methodologies at the country level;
- Keeps abreast of emerging development issues to optimize UNCT analytical capacity to respond to national priorities;
- Contributes substantively to the development and implementation of peer review and quality assurance mechanisms for UNCT research products;
- Administers UNINFO and facilitates the development of the One UN Country Results Report.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in business or public administration, information management, statistics, sustainable development, social sciences, education or related area.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
At least 5 year(s)
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in providing strategic support to research and data analysis, knowledge management or project/programme management in the context of development cooperation or related area is required.
- Fluency in English is required; Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
UNDP works in some 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.http://www.undp.org