Category : NGO/Development Application deadline has been passed!
Tuberculosis, Infectious Diseases and Urban Health Specialist, FSN-11
: Full Time
: At least 5 year(s)
: Not mentioned
: Jan 31, 2019
: Feb 23, 2019
- The Office of Population, Health, Nutrition & Education (OPHNE) at the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Bangladesh seeks to employ a Tuberculosis (TB), Infectious Diseases, and Urban Health Specialist, who will be responsible for providing technical, strategic, and programmatic leadership in controlling TB and other infectious diseases while also serving as the specialist for urban health. The incumbent manages the Mission`s "Combatting TB in Urban Bangladesh" activity, provides technical assistance for TB, infectious diseases, and urban health conditions, and oversees USAID/Bangladesh`s urban health approach for the Government of Bangladesh (GOB).
- The incumbent maintains strong professional relationships with relevant GOB ministries, especially the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW) and Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development, and Cooperatives (MOLGRD,C), city corporations, multilateral and bilateral development partners, and members of the academic, scientific, medical professional, and non-governmental organization (NGO) communities. Counterparts of special relevance include Global Fund; WHO; icddr,b; and the Damien Foundation.
- The TB, Infectious Diseases, and Urban Health Specialist will manage the Mission`s TB portfolio which includes field support and/or a bilateral Activity. S/he also provides technical assistance for other OPHNE projects that receive TB funding and ensures that TB funding is used for TB purposes in high impact areas. Recently, the OPHNE portfolio has shifted TB implementation focus from rural to urban areas to leverage impact.
- S/he stays abreast of current best practices and serves as an intellectual leader on the national response to the high rates of TB infection and disease and related health conditions in Bangladesh. This also includes a focus on introducing innovative ways to improve the health system for urban TB control and expand treatment coverage to halve the national annual TB incidence rate by 2025 in Bangladesh. S/he also stays abreast of the broader area of urban health in Bangladesh.
- USAID is the lead development partner in supporting the Government of Bangladesh`s Zero TB Cities Bangladesh Initiative (ZTBCB). This initiative, officially launched by the Minister of Health in October 2017, will reduce metropolitan city TB incidence rates by quickly expanding active case finding, rapid molecular testing, and contact investigation/TB preventive therapy. Other elements include integrating TB into primary health care and the private sector and ensuring full inclusion of TB under Universal Health Coverage. The ZTBCB is an evidence-based and comprehensive approach that measures impact along a continuum of TB care that contains screening/referral, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention activities. It also includes operations research and related research components.
- The TB, Infectious Diseases, and Urban Health Specialist serves as a core member of the OPHNE Office and the Health System Strengthening (HSS) Team. The incumbent reports to the HSS Team Lead. S/he provides strategic advice and helps to inform key foreign assistance planning, budgeting and reporting documents. S/he provides technical activity and budgeting information for portfolio and other reviews and monitoring and evaluation undertakings.
- S/he represents USAID/Bangladesh in meetings, seminars, and conferences on TB, infectious diseases, and urban health issues. The incumbent will liaise with technical experts and program managers in the Infectious Disease Division in the Bureau for Global Health, Asia Bureau, Office of Health Systems Strengthening, and other related offices in USAID/Washington.
Job Description / Responsibility
- PROGRAM DESIGN, MANAGEMENT AND STRATEGIC PLANNING
- Provides strategic, technical, and organizational leadership on the design and implementation of TB, infectious diseases, and urban health activities.
- Fulfills the terms and conditions of being an Agreement/Contracting Officer Representative (A/COR).
- As A/COR manages all components of the "Combatting TB in Bangladesh Urban Areas" Activity. Manages other TB, infectious diseases, and/or urban health activities as assigned by OPHNE or Mission management.
- Manages financial matters related to program activities, such as providing administration approval of vouchers, planning and preparing for annual incremental funding amendments, and other financial administrative activities.
- Ensures that managed partners meet their benchmark indicators and requirements in accordance with USAID regulations and the terms and conditions of their legal agreements and the provisions of their approved work plans.
- Conducts assessments and site visits to monitor program and implementing partner, stakeholder, and counterpart progress and compliance with USAID regulations.
- Reviews and approves project annual work plans, quarterly monitoring reports, annual reports, financial management reports, and other project-related documents.
- Furnishes strong, consistent, and innovative strategic and intellectual leadership to guide the Zero TB Cities Bangladesh Initiative.
- TECHNICAL GUIDANCE
- Provides TB, infectious diseases, and urban health technical advice to implementing partners, national and city governments, development partners, and other stakeholders.
- Provides technical guidance for USAID/Bangladesh in preparing briefing materials, presentations, and documents for reporting to internal and external stakeholders etc.
- Provides technical guidance for USAID/Bangladesh's Operational Plan; Health Implementation Plan; Country Development Cooperative Strategy; Performance Plan and Report; and other pertinent documents.
- Collects and analyzes routine (monthly, quarterly, annual, and/or survey) programmatic data.
- Tracks the collection of performance data of TB, infectious disease, and urban health activities.
- Analyzes and monitors the quality, completeness, and accuracy of data and uses data to inform programmatic decisions.
- Monitors the compliance of Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance provisions by relevant USAID implementing partners.
- Provides technical advice for operations research and other pertinent research.
- Represent USAID at national and regional conference and workshops related to TB, infectious disease, and urban health.
- COORDINATION AND REPRESENTATION
- Develops and maintains excellent professional relationships with government, development partner, NGO, professional organization, and private sector counterparts.
- Represents USAID on technical working groups and at technical meetings and scientific conferences on issues related to TB, infectious diseases, and urban health.
- Supports or undertakes special initiatives, requests, and tasks by OPHNE, Mission, Embassy, and/or USAID/Washington.
- Serves as an interagency interlocutor and point of contact for activities deemed relevant by OPHNE and Mission management.
- INCUMBENT WILL PERFORM OTHER RELEVANT DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
- C. SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP
- The incumbent will be supervised by the Health Systems Strengthening Team Lead, who will oversee work objectives and performance measures and will offer professional guidance. S/he is expected to take initiative and work independently, with the supervisor providing professional, technical, and interpersonal community advice and oversight.
- D. SUPERVISORY CONTROLS
- Formal supervision of other Mission staff is not contemplated.
Master of Science (MSc) in Public Health, Disease
At least 5 year(s)
- Tk. 2684098 - 4756295 (Yearly)
- T/A, Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2(Yearly)
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!
Other jobs of this Category