Job Description / Responsibility
- Location: Cox`s Bazar (Ukhiya), Bangladesh, Job Type: Fixed Term, until December 31, 2018 with possibility of extension
- Only Bangladeshi nationals are eligible to apply
- We are urgently looking for a dynamic team player who will be responsible To manage, coordinate and lead in the implementation of Oxfam`s Public Health Promotion programme ensuring integration with all sectors of programme areas including community participation and consultations in an emergency programme. The work may involve, an immediate emergency stage, the assessment of the situation and in later stages the implementation of public health measures required to alleviate the plight of the people affected by the emergency.
- The post holder reports to PHP Team Leader.
At least 2 year(s)
- Leadership skills and staff management
- Knowledge of public health and one more other relevant area (e.g. health promotion, community development)
- At least two years' practical experience in appropriate hygiene promotion programmes. It is essential that some of this should have been in emergency relief programmes.
- Experience in humanitarian response to outbreaks of public health-related diseases in particular cholera and Hepatitis E is highly desirable.
- Demonstrate a commitment to humanitarian principles and values and motivate others towards them
- Good decisions making skills with limited support.
- Plan, prioritise and perform well under pressure
- Confidently represent organisational beliefs and values
- Demonstrate initiative, ingenuity and creativity
- Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations
- Good written and spoken English
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to learn and share information with others
BDT. 1,056,451 gross per annum (13 months).
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Oxfam employs more than six thousand people in 90 countries who share a commitment to work together to end poverty and suffering. It is committed to ensure diversity and gender equality within the organization and welcomes applications from women, person with disability and under-represented groups. Oxfam does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on their HIV/AIDS status. The organization has been working in Bangladesh since the War of Independence and has established a permanent country office in 1972. Since then it has responded to all major emergencies in the country. Oxfam's current program focuses on Economic Justice & Resilience, Gender and Women?s Leadership and Humanitarian Capacity Building and Response.http://www.oxfam.org.uk/