The purpose of the position is assist the Program Officer to implement the project activities in the specific working areas (Dinajpur Municipality and Kaharole AP`s working area) in accordance with the project design along with key stakeholders for children in labour and physical violence. This position will assist in project planning, budget preparing, training initiatives, workshops facilitation, collaboration, reports preparation & documentation and partnership with local level stakeholders and implement project`s Advocacy & Child Protection training events as per DIP.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Ensure community and key stakeholders are sensitized to eliminate physical violence among Child Labor at home and in the workplace
- Empower children, youth and parents to reduce hazardous child labor and physical violence at home and in the workplace
- Implement policy/laws effectively to reduce hazardous CL & Physical Violence
- Strengthen reporting and response mechanism to ensure the protection of children from experiencing physical violence at home, School and in the work place.
- Establish a drop-out referral system and children have access to non-formal primary education classes.
- Promote reactivate health for adolescent girls
- Implement 'It Takes Me' campaign initiatives
Essential: Bachelor's degree preferably in Social Sciences, Social Work or relevant field.
At least 1 year(s)
- Age at least 26 years
- Must have knowledge and skills of project implementation.
- Must have knowledge on child rights-UNCRC and child protection issues and existing law/policies and service provision and responsibilities.
- Ability to work in different target groups.
- Oral and written communication skills in English and Bengali.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Ability to work with Government officials at upazila level for Advocacy and Networking.
- Good facilitation skill of Training, Seminar and Advocacy programs.
- Engage with children in safe and appropriate ways especially children in labour and drop outs.
- Engage with children in a way that enables their effective participation and can sensitively handle challenging behavior that may arise in a group setting, showing respect for cultural factors and practices.
- Knowledge and skills in creating an environment that promoted the participation of children, including the most vulnerable.
- Ability to drive motorbike with valid driving license.
25,000 - 30,000
As per Organizational structure.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
World Vision Bangladesh Address : Abedin Tower (2nd floor), 35 Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka - 1213, P.O. Box: 9071.
World Vision (WV) is an established international Christian humanitarian development and advocacy organization dedicated for working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their fullest potential by tackling the causes of poverty & injustice. It serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender or ability. Being a child-focused organization, World Vision has the responsibility to ensure safety & protection of the children while they come in contact with the staff; accordingly all the recruits will go through specific checks and compliance procedures in accordance to its Child Protection Policy. Persons with a history of child rights and child protection violation are discouraged to apply. Female are specially encourage to apply.http://http://www.wvi.org/bangladesh