- RHSTEP is the implementing partner of Ipas Bangladesh in EHD (Essential Healthcare for the Disadvantaged in Bangladesh) project which is a consortium led health project funded by DFID for 3.5 years (July 2019-December 2022). Concern Worldwide will led this project in order to increase access to quality essential healthcare for the disadvantaged, including people with disabilities, through innovative approaches and covering around 2.6 million people in urban and rural areas in the underserved, remote coastal areas in the Khulna and Barishal Divisions of Bangladesh.
- Project Manager for EHD project of RHSTEP is mainly responsible for ensuring the execution of capacity building and skill retention activities for the health service providers maintaining the standards, protocols and guidelines in SRMNCH components in EHD project areas. S/he will also ensure service quality improvement and local resource generation by engaging quality improvement and facility management committees including local government bodies.
- Duty Station: EHD Field Offices in Patuakhali and Khulna
Job Description / Responsibility
- Responsible for developing and conducting a variety of training programs and auditing tools for clinical staff of Government of Bangladesh including NGO and Private health service providers on sexual and reproductive health related issues. Collaborate with other clinical leadership to identify training needs outside of core curriculum to promote maximized effectiveness in managing behavioral and medical costs. Maintain and monitor the delivery and effectiveness of the training program and identify solutions to challenges.
- Plan, coordinate and implement different capacity building initiatives for health care providers of all tire of health facilities (from union to district) in the project area;
- Participate in developing MNCH and SRH training curriculum and materials according to the project needs.
- Assist in development of training plan for essential health care services specially SRH & MNCH services including budget and logistic requirements as per timeline of the project workplan
- Coordinate and work with different thematic teams to address gaps/issues for effective project implementation.
- Facilitate evaluation of training effectiveness and continuous follow-up the quality of service delivery as per standard. communicate results to management;
- Liaison with government counterparts (Health & Family planning) and other local level officials to make an effective collaboration for improving health service delivery. Audit team results, identify gaps in training and implement improvements in training programs;
- Coordinate with Upazila Coordinator and Ipas team to ensure availability of commodities, logistics and supplies to ensure quality of care in project supported health facilities
- Coordinate with the team members for improving service provision of SRH, MNCH and other services including minor repair and renovations
- Support in strengthening quality improvement initiatives of the project including revitalization of QIC committees; improving facility data quality and use, Infection prevention, TA for implementation of QIC recommendations etc.
- Conduct periodic assessment of service provision (SPR) in Upazila and district level facilities and share the findings with facility and plan jointly with facility managers for improving service provision status.
- Participate in different health management forum in district and Upazila level and provide inputs for improving availability, access and quality of care. Ability to travel across the project area as per need of the project;
- Perform other duties that may be required by the Management.
- Reporting to: Project Manager
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)
- MBBS with BMDC accreditation; 5+ years related experience including experience in public health system or health system capacity building. Competency in verbal and written communication in English and Bangla is essential. IT skills including word, excel and PowerPoint is required for an successful candidate.
At least 5 year(s)
- Excellent problem-solving skill and able to navigate ambiguous and complex structure gained through experience in managing complex cross-organizational projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Proactively seek information for self-development led to provide high quality support.
- T/A, Mobile bill, Tour allowance
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2
- Other benefit as per organization Policy
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Interested candidates meet the above requirements should apply (hard copy, Application box are keep in the following address) at :Executive Director, Reproductive Health Service Training and Education Program (RHSTEP), House # 1060, Road # 07, Avenue # 8, Mirpur DOHS, Dhaka 1216.
Please write the position applied for the envelope. Only short listed candidate will be notified
RHSTEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and any kind of Harassment Free Organization.
Application Deadline : Dec 08, 2019