Category : NGO/Development Application deadline has been passed!
Project Officer- M & E
: Full Time
: At least 3 year(s)
: Dhaka, Cox's Bazar
: Not mentioned
: Nov 26, 2019
: Dec 05, 2019
- Duty Station : UP Country Office- Dhaka/ Field Office- Cox`s Bazar
- Reportable to : Programme Coordinator
- Position`s Rationale: As part of the implementation of Project, the Project Officer (M & E) will support the Programme Coordinator in all aspects of monitoring and evaluation, project implementation, including quality programming, capacity-building, advocacy, M&E, documentation, standardisation, finance and administration in total compliance with UP and Donor policies and procedures. The PO-M &E will also provide guidance and support to the work of the Project, as well as monitor and support the work of the implementing partner.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Set up and ensure implementation of M&E system at field level in data collection, data analysis and report generation, and preparing progress reports through KOBO software.
- Provide guidance and support to partner organisations with regard to M&E.
- Undertake and document regular monitoring visits to project areas.
- Ensure systematic cross /spot check and triangulation of data to ensure validity, reliability, timeliness and quality of all data.
- Develop and maintain a central project monitoring data base.
- Ensure reception of quality and timely monthly progress reports from implementing partners and compile project progress report in English.
- In collaboration with Partners and area managers, coordinate all M&E activities as per the information needs mentioned in the project logical framework.
- Develop/organise feedback mechanism for beneficiaries through meetings, regular focus group discussions, etc. to assess impact and quality of activities.
- Provide training of project personnel in using the App and Dashboard
- Assist in compiling and documenting lessons learned and other special reports.
- Assist and actively participate in project planning, assessments/ evaluations.
- Serve as member on the UP Monitoring & Evaluation team.
- Work with Field Coordinator and Cluster Manager to effectively unroll M&E system
- Participate in special M & E events e.g. survey, workshop
- Project Implementation:
- Implement/support project activities according to individual work plan and building on project set objectives
- Review, improve and/or develop training and IEC material and work towards standardisation of all material developed
- Organise and/or conduct training sessions as per individual work plan, including feedback analysis and post-training reports
- Provide guidance and support on programmatic, financial and administrative issues to the implementing partner
- Organise and/or participate actively in regular team meetings
- Produce and submit to PC quality monthly reports according to the set format on the progress of work plan objectives and activities
- Policy and Advocacy:
- Support the development of policy and advocacy initiatives within the project
- Support the design and production of policy and advocacy related materials
- Support and participate in the documentation of project activities at local, national and international levels, including lessons learnt and best practices
- Liaise with other INGO's/NGOs, relevant government agencies, Sector and Cluster's, ISCG and Donor and partners in the preparation and implementation of the policy and advocacy initiatives
- Representation and Visibility:
- Develop/maintain strong working relationships with relevant DRM & Emergency Response authorities at local and national level
- Represent United Purpose in external forums
- Logistic/financial support:
- Participate in the establishment of a project procurement plan in compliance with Project's requirements, and provide necessary follow-up
- In coordination with PC and finance manager, ensure appropriate budget monitoring procedures are in place and contribute to timely financial reporting
- Monitor implementing partner's budget as set in the partnership agreement and compliance with donor's requirements and signal any concern regarding partner's budget management
- Comply with United Purpose's policies and practice with respect to protection of children and vulnerable adults and other relevant policies and procedures;
- Other duties as required
Masters in relevant field from a reputed recognized University.
At least 3 year(s)
- At least 3 years' working experience in the same or equivalent position in the field of social development, emergency response and DRM issue. Experience within a national or international organization essential.
- Skills & Attributes:
- Professional and clear written and oral communication skills both in English and Bangla essential,
- In-depth knowledge on program management, finance and administration, and Monitoring & Evaluation
- Good command on MS-Office (MS word, Excel, Power Point etc.)
- Strong background in leadership, community engagement and relationship building
- Excellent networking, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and report-writing skills
- Ability to handle financial issues with relevant concerns
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent public speaking and facilitation skills
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
- Willingness to travel to and work in remote areas for extended periods of time
- Highly motivated, self -starter, ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Supportive and committed to work for vulnerable groups, values-oriented and gender sensitive
- According to UP HR policy, an attractive salary with following admissible fringe benefits will be offered to selected candidate:
- Contributory Provident Fund
- Gratuity (equivalent to 1 month Gross Salary)
- Yearly Bonus (equivalent to 1 month Gross Salary)
- Out-patient medical benefit
- Health & Group Life Insurance.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!
Other jobs of this Category