Category : NGO/Development Application deadline has been passed!
: Full Time
: At least 5 year(s)
: Cox's Bazar
: Not mentioned
: Nov 26, 2019
: Dec 03, 2019
- Reportable to : Finance Manager
- Duty Station : UP Cox`s Bazar Office.
- Responsible for: Maintenance of accounts and books of records (ledger, cashbook, and all relevant records), Sub-grant management and provide admin and logistical support to the project.
- Purpose of the position: The position shall support to the project at UP Cox`s Bazar Office guided by Finance Manager to ensure the smooth function of accounts, financial management, as well as be responsible for overseeing the smooth financial operation at the field /partners` level.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Financial Management:
- Checking the compliance of laws of local regulators'' like NGO Affairs Bureau, Tax and VAT Act, Foreign Donation Act, Foreign Exchange Regulation Act, Money Laundering Act, Rules relating to Provided Fund etc.
- Ensure Compliance of authorisation limits are not exceeded at the time of payment, contractual obligation, cash holding limit with insurance coverage, payment & disbursement procedures documentation, and transaction flows.
- Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, oversee project finances,
- Ensure all financial transactions in conformity with a) the organisation's Financial Procedures Manual and b) donor requirements;
- Ensure all financial documents, including bills, receipts and dockets, are safely and securely filed according to organisational procedures;
- Responsibility for bringing to the Finance Manager's attention all financial system matters which are unclear and/or potentially problematic;
- Liaison with Bank and other stakeholders as & when required;
- Sub-Grant Management:
- Regularly review the transaction list and ledger of partners at Cox's Bazar and check monthly/quarterly financial report prepared by Partners,
- Check and ensure that partner expenditures comply the UP policy, partnership agreement and donor guideline and provide necessary suggestions and comments to the partners,
- Visit partners to provide necessary guidance on appropriate financial management, UP finance policy, donor's requirement, reporting and expenditure against approved plan and budget.
- Assist to Finance Manager on standard financial analysis and other review findings on Project/s spending, variance, fund situation, project stage of completion, closing and reporting related issues etc.
- Accounts Maintenance:
- Ensure that all payments are made in time.
- Ensure that all vouchers and bills are approved by authority before preparation of debit (cash/cheque payment)/ journal voucher and writing cheque,
- At the end of each day hand-over all completed vouchers to the assigned staff for filing according to the accounts manual and policies,
- Monitor and audit of partner's accounts;
- Ensure all financial transactions, including bills, receipts and payments are recorded in time in the Tally software.
- At the end of the month projects Trial Balance shall be printed and to be distributed to Project Manager and a copy of TB to Finance Manager.
- Communication and Visibility
- Liaise and consolidate relationships with external finance-related personnel such as bank employees, etc;
- Represent United Purpose in external forums as requested and appropriate.
- Comply with United Purpose's policies and practice with respect to protection of children and vulnerable adults and other relevant policies and procedures;
- Other duties as required by Project Manager, Finance Manager and Country Director.
- Comply and exercise the organizational values and culture;
- Help to promote rights, governance and gender related initiatives.
- This job description may be reviewed at any time according to the needs of the organisation.
Master's in accounting/ Finance preferably CA CC
At least 5 year(s)
- 5 years of relevant job experience including financial management in large development projects of INGO.
- Audit experience at least 1 year.
- Experience in advance Xls and accounting software system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and Bangla is essential
- Typing skill in Bengali
- Good Team player
- According to UP HR policy, an attractive salary with following admissible fringe benefits will be offered to selected candidate:
- Contributory Provident Fund
- Gratuity (equivalent to 1 month Gross Salary)
- Yearly Bonus (equivalent to 1 month Gross Salary)
- Out-patient medical benefit
- Health & Group Life Insurance.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!
Other jobs of this Category