Executing the stock management activities (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipment and/ or other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure the overall functioning of MSF activities
Job Description / Responsibility
- Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use;
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others. Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability;
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods. Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card;
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.);
- Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature. Keeping a special control of “sensitive” goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging and special storage conditions;
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions;
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates;
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse;
- Assisting the line manager with preparation of the stock reports.
- • MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Timely updates Stockcard, MSR and TSR.
- Liaise with Disposal company for waste disposal
- Regular feedback to Coodination supply office on good reception and transportation.
- Assist the warehouse manager of the works need to be done in the warehouse.
- Operating Foklift.
- In consulation with warehouse supervisor to hire daily labour as per needs
- Cargo handling.
Minimum Secondary education or warehouse management related studies;
1 to 2 year(s)
- Experience - Previous experience as storekeeper desirable;
- Preferably able to operate forklift & having driving license;
- Languages - English and Local language are essential.
- Knowledge & Skills - Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment;
- Computer literacy (word, excel);
- Desirable ability to do basic repairs;
- Flexibility is mandatory base on organization needs;
- Physically fit and able lifting the goods.
- Competencies • Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management. L2
Salary based on MSF Functional grid level.
- Medical allowance
- Festival Bonus: 2
- Medical benefit based on MSF health policy.
- Bonuses are entitled to complete 1 year uninterrupted service with MSF.
- Multicultural working environment.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting