- Initially the contract will be for 1 year with possibility of extension
- Position Overview: Accounting & Finance Officer will assist Project Manager in overseeing all aspects of the Project`s finances and accounting initiatives. The position will report to Project Manager.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Review & process payment documents as per the Room to Read finance policies maintaining Donor's agreement and government compliances;
- Assist the Project Manager and Director, Accounting & Finance to maintain records related to bookkeeping, payments, expenses, funds, partnership ventures etc.;
- Review of expense reports, prepare vouchers, obtain approval and process payment in time.
- Obtain approvals of payments, purchase authorizations and other financial transactions to ensure compliance with staff rules, financial rules and implementing instruments/authority.
- Monitor expenses and budget variant analysis in close contact with Program team.
- Assist Project manager for monthly cash forecast.
- Constantly reviews banking arrangements to ensure timely transfer of funds and maintain minimum fund balance at the end of the month following policy.
- Assist Director - A&F in preparing financial reports and donor reports by deadlines.
- Prepare necessary schedules & assist internal & external audit.
- Ensure deduction and deposition of VAT and Tax appropriately.
Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or any other relevant subject;
At least 5 year(s)
- Preferred partly qualified Accounting Professional of recognized Accounting body (CA/CIMA/CMA)
- At least 5 five years of relevant experience in Finance and Accounts. Experience with INGOs will be given preference.
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible
- Good reasoning abilities, Sound judgment
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through
Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
Application Deadline : Nov 18, 2019
Room to Read is a US based international non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they?ll need to succeed in school and beyond. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. To learn more about Room to Read, please visit www.roomtoread.org.http://www.roomtoread.org.