- Based in Cox`s Bazar Sadar
- Initially the contract will be for 1 year with possibility of extension
- Position Overview: The Project Officer- Curriculum Development and Training is a member of the UNICEF supported accelerator project`s team based at the Field Office. This position will directly work under the supervision of Project Manager -Cox`s Bazar and will collaborate with CO Literacy Team in designing materials for Literacy Program schools in Cox`s Bazar. The Project Officer- Curriculum Development and Training will have to collaborate with Project Officer-Literacy Program and Senior Project Officer-Literacy Program who will be implementing the program activities in the schools in Cox`s Bazar.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Support the designing of Literacy Facilitator and teacher professional development package to improve students' literacy skills and/or reading habit;
- Analysis of curriculum to develop teaching-learning materials and design training and workshop modules for Literacy facilitators, teachers, head-teachers and government officials;
- Develop Teacher Training modules and facilitate training of trainers (ToT), basic training and refresher training at Upazila and district level;
- Facilitate ToT and basic training on library management and supplementary reading period activities for the project staff;
- Develop and/or contextualize contents of family and community engagement/sustainability and facilitate trainings for Government Officials, Head-teachers and relevant point teachers;
- Work closely with Quality Reading Materials (QRM) Unit to ensure quality reading materials;
- Support in the capacity development planning and process for the field monitoring staffs;
- Research and recommend program improvements;
- Assist Project Manager in planning, budgeting, forecasting, implementing and reporting;
- Support RM&E works
Master's degree in Education, Social development, Social Science or any other related field;
At least 5 year(s)
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience especially in reading/literacy or learning improvement programs or library programs;
- Working knowledge and understanding of teaching methodologies, present government curriculum and teachers training at primary stage;
- Experience of developing teaching-learning materials and conducting training programs for the teachers, head-teachers and government officials;
- Understanding of monitoring, evaluation and documentation process
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh---Coxs-Bazar/Project-Officer--Curriculum-Development---Training_R-01157
Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
Application Deadline : Nov 18, 2019
Room to Read is a US based international non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they?ll need to succeed in school and beyond. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. To learn more about Room to Read, please visit www.roomtoread.org.http://www.roomtoread.org.