Job Description / Responsibility
- Be responsible for implementing reading improvement activities under Project on Reading Advancement to a certain number of schools;
- Coordinate and facilitate upazila level workshops, training and other events for field level staff, Head teachers, Teachers, SMC members, as per program design and implementation calendar;
- Provide support to Literacy Facilitators in organizing, training and events at upazila and school level;
- Coordinate to ensure timely distribution of learning materials to the schools;
- Make regular visit to the schools and provide technical feedbacks on improvement of program quality to the Literacy Facilitators and to the teachers;
- Take initiative for professional development of Literacy Facilitators;
- Report timely implementation of the project targets;
Master's Degree in Education/ Project Management/ Social Science/Child Development or any other relevant subject
At least 5 year(s)
- Minimum of 5 years' related work experience;
- Strong planning, budgeting, supervisory, training management and facilitation skills;
- Good knowledge and understanding of education issues and priorities;
- Strong interpersonal communication, language and computer skills.
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh---Coxs-Bazar/Project-Officer--Literacy-Program_R-01154
Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
Application Deadline : Nov 18, 2019
Room to Read is a US based international non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they?ll need to succeed in school and beyond. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. To learn more about Room to Read, please visit www.roomtoread.org.http://www.roomtoread.org.