Position Overview: The Senior Project Officer- Literacy Program will work as technical lead on literacy skills and the habit of reading and coordinates closely with the Country Office Technical Teams to ensure successful implementation of the Project on Reading Advancement activities. This position reports to the Project Manager and supervises Project Officers- Literacy Program based in Chakaria, Ramu, Teknaf and Pekua.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Organize and facilitate training for field level staff, local government officials
- Coordinate with district level government officials, donor, country office technical staff and other stakeholders regards to technical aspects of the project;
- Closely work with country office technical team for developing training plan, training content and developing different project documents;
- Work with Project Manager to ensure timely government approvals of field level activities;
- Coordinate to ensure timely distribution of learning materials to the project locations;
- Make regular visit to the project locations and provide technical feedbacks on improvement of program quality;
- Supervise and provide professional development support to the Project Officers and Literacy Facilitators;
- Report timely implementation of the project targets;
Master's Degree in Education/ Project Management/ Social Science/Child Development or any other relevant subject
At least 7 year(s)
- Minimum of 7 years' related work experience;
- Strong planning, budgeting, supervisory, training management and facilitation skills;
- Good knowledge and understanding of education issues and priorities;
- Strong interpersonal communication, language and computer skills.
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through
Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
Application Deadline : Nov 18, 2019
Room to Read is a US based international non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they?ll need to succeed in school and beyond. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. To learn more about Room to Read, please visit www.roomtoread.org.http://www.roomtoread.org.