- SNV Bangladesh is seeking to recruit a Field Coordinator to support the implementation of EnDev supported project entitled `Promotion of Market for Briquette and ICS towards Access to Clean Cooking Solutions`. This position will play important role in project cycle management of the project which aims to strengthen capacity of small and medium entrepreneurs for production and quality control of briquette from dried faecal sludge. To that extent, the FC will work intensively with the SNV Bangladesh team members, project implementing partners and other stakeholders. This position is based in Khulna and reports to the Country Director.
- Key Relationships:
- Internally: Project Manager/Energy Sector Leader, Finance and Admin Teams, Practical Action Project Team
- Externally: Government counterparts, Implementing Partners, BCSIR, HEP, SREDA.
- Terms of Employment:
- CONTRACT PERIOD: 7 months with possibility of extension
- DESIRED START DATE: As soon as possible
- DUTY STATION: SNV, Khulna Office
Job Description / Responsibility
- 2.1 General:
- Coordinate all field activities related to the production of briquettes from faecal sludge and market the product as clean cooking solutions in Bangladesh. Build and strengthen working relationship with stakeholders including two briquette producing entrepreneurs in Khulna and Jenaidha districts.
- 2.2 Training and Capacity Building:
- Select new briquette entrepreneurs based on willingness, ability, capacity and reputation with market stakeholders and interest in in-kind investment (providing land, basic physical infrastructure, and electricity connection) in support of briquette businesses. Support the establishment of briquette production facility including the installation of machinery tools and equipment.
- Carry out training needs assessment of briquette producers, distributors, retailers; plan and implement training and capacity building activities; identify appropriate partners for organising and conducting technical trainings.
- Prepare/fine-tune training manuals and other training materials including briquetting production procedure and users manuals.
- Organise and conduct technical trainings at various levels for different clients. Monitor training activities conducted by partners/consultants to producers, distributors, retailers and users. Make sure that the training programs are conducted as per agreed methodology and to the best of professional practices.
- Carry out field visits to supervise and monitor capacity building activities. Conduct routine on-the-job and follow-up (refresher) trainings on as and when needed basis.
- Formulate, update and maintain database on number of personnel trained.
- 2.3 Quality Assurance:
- Enforce quality standards for production and after-sale-services related to briquettes from faecal sludge. Internalise quality control framework and mechanisms including methods of sampling, field investigation, data and information management as well as follow-up mechanisms.
- Work with producers to clearly explain to them the production procedures, methods, selection of good quality materials.
- Assist briquette producers to test their samples made from different compositions of underutilised biomass from any designated authorities who (i.e. BCSIR/Atomic Energy Commission/Dhaka University) have laboratory to make sure the products are in the range of standard for smart fuel.
- Check and validate data and information received from implementing partners.
- Compile information and act upon the findings wherever is needed.
- Report progress and problems at the filed level.
- Update and maintain database on briquette producers and distributes; and publish periodic reports on status of briquette production and marketing.
- 2.4 Promotion, Research and Development:
- Assess overall performance of the ICS and briquette integrated cooking performance. This will not only include results from briquette and ICS testing, but also reflect user satisfaction aspects (from surveys etc.).
- In consultation with designated authority, conduct routine testing of sampled briquettes to assess efficiency, emissions, and other technical parameters as per ISO standard testing protocol. Share test results with stove producers and advise them on follow-up actions.
- Support targeted Briquette entrepreneurs and ICS manufacturers to organize and facilitate campaigns targeted to potential customers both households and commercial levels, to make them aware of the financial and health benefits of the clean cooking solutions.
- Identify potential R&D initiatives and ensure that such initiatives result in wider application of the results at the field level to maximise benefits from briquettes and/or sharing/transfer of knowledge and information with wider audiences to further promote/facilitate technology dissemination.
- Coordinate with the team to implement promotional activities related to the popularisation of briquetting technology, awareness raising and community sensitization, mobilisation of stakeholders to promote and popularise briquetting technology and prepare appropriate promotion and extension tools and materials.
- Coordinate setting up of ICS and Briquette display and selling points/corner of at any convenient place to access by the customers to buy and use
- 2.5 Learning and Teamwork:
- Coordinate with the project team and stakeholders at various levels on the implementation of the project;
- Create and facilitate continuous learning conditions for clients, stakeholders and project team;
- Promote learning and sharing of best practices related to the project;
- Facilitate and stimulate capacity building product development.
- 2.6 Positioning and networking:
- Facilitate and coordinate a multi-stakeholders analysis and processes related to briquette production
- Actively explore market and product development within the practice area;
- Actively identify and facilitate the cooperation with government; (new) local capacity builders, partners and clients in the practice area;
- Ensure effective liaison and professional relationship between stakeholders;
- 2.7 Knowledge management/development:
- Ensure proper documentation of activities, approaches and achievements;
- Ensure that best practices are published and disseminated;
- Create and/or facilitate knowledge networks/partnerships
- Stimulate and facilitate presentations on national fora.
- 2.8 Miscellaneous:
- Represent the Project in various forums and demonstrate impeccable moral conduct as the project's representative in these forums.
- Prepare monthly, half yearly and yearly progress reports.
- Coordinate/collaborate with other SNV supported projects to integrate briquetting initiatives wherever is possible.
- Perform other duties as required and as instructed by the senior staff members.
University degree on Environmental/Natural Resources Management or Renewable Energy Technologies or Management and Social Sciences or Engineering.
At least 5 year(s)
- At least five years experiences in promotion and extension of New and Renewable Energy Technologies. Preferences will be given to those with experience in dissemination of briquetting and improved cooking stoves related initiatives.
- Proven experience of sales and marketing of new product, capacity building of partners, networking and building relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Knowledge on dissemination of a new product in new markets, especially in rural areas
- Formal training or hands on experience on Database Management
- Planning and reporting skills
- Innovative and analytical skills
- A good Team player
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to work closely with communities, private enterprises and government officials in a multi-stakeholder platform
- Willing to travel to rural and difficult areas in the country on a regular basis and enjoy working frequently in rural areas
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ready to work in odd hours and under the pressure of deadlines
As per SNV Bangladesh Terms of Employment for Local Staff
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position. If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages). Your CV should highlight your prior work achievements; it should not be a list of your current or prior job responsibilities. Please apply through SmartRecruiters link below by November 17, 2019.
Application Deadline : Nov 17, 2019