The Senior Officer -Government Liaison is responsible to develop a sound knowledge of Handicap International`s (humanity & inclusion) global presence as well as activities and strategy in Bangladesh in order to accurately represent the organization in liaisons with the GoB.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Support the Deputy Country Director in liaison with the NGO Affairs Bureau (NGOAB) regarding FD7, FD6, and other registration and project-related needs
- Support to prepare NGOAB documents such as FD6/ FD7/ FC1, FD4 audit report, approval of visits abroad
- Regular follow up & visit to NGO AB to oversee the progress and coordinate with different projects to meet the NGO AB requirements
- Support to prepare budget for FDs and FCs
- Prepare and submit financial & narrative reports for NGO AB projects
- Support the coordination of internal and external audits for NGO AB projects and partners
- Support to ensure GoB VAT and Tax compliance for NGO AB reporting
- Maintain liaison and regular contact with NGO AB and partners regarding NGO AB related matters
- Collects queries from NGO AB and transmits to HI office for preparation
- Updates follow up table on status of different files and audit
- Propose and advise for best procedures
- Keep abreast with information about rules and regulations as well as new communications to/from the NGOAB.
- Oversee in-country visa, work permit, and related issues through closely working with the NGO Affairs Bureau and government agencies and immigration department.
- Handle the issues of foreign visitors in the areas of letter of invitation, submitting letter to relevant consulate /embassy, approving of Visa on Arrival from the Govt. department, and other relevant tasks.
- Attend all meetings organized by the government regarding legal issues, as delegated by the Deputy Country Director.
- Type of Contract: Fixed term
- Duration of the Contract: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
- Master Degree in any relevant field
3 to 4 year(s)
- Age 19 to 65 years
- Ability to lead groups
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Self-motivation and strong team spirit
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Work experience with the NGO Affairs Bureau, NSI, SB and Immigration department is a must
- Good knowledge of Bangladesh administrative procedure and hierarchy (protocol, etc.)
Age: 19 to 65 year(s)
65,000 - 68,000
- Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
House # SW (F) 1/A, Road # 04, Gulshan - 1, Dhaka-1212
Handicap International (HI) is an international aid organization specialized in the field of disability. Non-governmental, non-religious, non-political and non-profit making, it works alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, whatever the context, offering them assistance and supporting them in their efforts to become self-reliant. Since its creation, the organisation has set up programmes in approximately 60 countries and intervened in many emergency situations. It operates as a federation made up of a network of eight associations (Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA) which provide human and financial resources, manage projects and raise awareness of Handicap International`s actions and campaigns.