- Job nature:Contractual
- Duration of contract :1 year (with possibility of extension).
- Age limit :40 years (age limit will be relaxed in case of potential candidate).
Job Description / Responsibility
- Strengthen IM systems and processes across the organization:
- Support the National Society in its Information Management systems and processes, including but not limited to data collection, storage, analysis and reporting.
- Assist the OD Director to ensure effective implementation and localization of IM strategies, policies, and services.
- Support needs assessment efforts in the field as required together with the National Society.
- Strengthen information management flows, including the processing of data, conducting quality checks, analysis, and presentation of data to inform to inform evidence-based decision making.
- Provide technical support and guidance to operations and program leads on data collection, data entry and use of standardized systems to support humanitarian operations and long-term programs.
- Facilitate data literacy trainings and across the organization.
- Facilitate collaborative IM initiatives:
- Strengthen BDRCS integration and institutionalization of information flows by building cross-department collaboration and harmonizing data collection and reporting structures.
- Liaise across Movement partners and departments to ensure all relevant stakeholders are up to date on key information.
- Take part in the IM working group and support inter-cluster IM initiatives including contact directories, meeting schedules, Who, What, Where (3W) and When (4W) databases.
- Compile and maintain datasets relevant to disaster preparedness and response, including Common and Fundamental Operational Datasets (CODs/FODs) such as geographic data on administrative units, demographic profiles etc.
- Provide technical support:
- Support the Cox's Bazar Population Movement operation by providing remote IM support.
- Support all program departments by providing mapping services as required using GIS.
Masters Degree in relevant discipline.
5 to 7 year(s)
- Age at most 40 years
- Professional experience collecting, compiling, interpreting, and analyzing data (5+ years expected).
- Professional experience in the development and use of GIS, database systems, data visualization and other information management tools and mechanisms (2+ years expected).
- Experience formulating IM-related technical requirements and procedures.
- Experience using and designing on mobile data collection tools, such as Kobo or ODK.
- Experience in networking and communicating with different stakeholders such as government, UN, NGOs and other organizations (preferred).
- Experience working in an international humanitarian environment (preferred).
- An understanding of the RC/RC movement is required.
- Strong organizational skills, methodological and logical approach to tasks and problem solving.
- Good presentation, facilitation and note-taking skills.
- Ability to organize, analyze and synthesize large amounts of information.
- Demonstrated ability to promote collaboration.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, data cleaning).
- Sound knowledge of data collecting tools (e.g. Kobo, ODK, Magpie), reporting tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau) and GIS software (QGIS).
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please submit your application with complete resume with a cover letter, two references, a recent passport size photograph and mentioning the name of the position in subject line to [email protected]
Application Deadline : Nov 16, 2019