- Reporting Relationships:
- Program & Impact
- Direct Supervisor: Country Director
- Regular Full-time based at Dhaka
- Grade Level: Directs:
- Provides administrative, coordination and program support to a functional area. Assists the employees in their work to improve the quality and timeliness of routine programmatic information. Assists in preparing reports, presentations and other technical and non-technical documents. Supports the functional area with organizing meetings and arranging travel. The position is assigned to Pathfinder`s Accelerating Universal Access to Family Planning (AUAFP) project, also known as `Shukhi Jibon` in Bangladesh. AUAFP is a five-year project funded by USAID. The project aims to strengthen and expand access to quality family planning services through a collaborative health system capacity building partnership with the government of Bangladesh, specifically through a flexible implementation model led in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, including the National Institute of Population Research and Training, the Directorate General of Family Planning, and the Directorate General of Health Services.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Program/Project Tools, Materials Maintenance and Updates: Works with employees to prepare manuals, documents, reports, presentations and other tools, and reviews and updates the materials. Helps employee source reference materials.
- Records Retention: Manages filing, storage and tracking of hardcopy and electronic content and support templates and ensures availability of current information on related subjects.
- Database Management, Collection and Analysis: Supports employee with developing and formatting instruments for data collection and presentation. Assists employee with maintaining and updating the global database, analysis and preparing quarterly reports for research and evaluation projects.
- Activities and Events Coordination and Scheduling: Coordinates planning, bookings and logistics for activities and events, including the agenda, calendar, materials, registration of participants and travel, both domestic and international, including lodging, transportation and meeting accommodations.
- Communications: Manages incoming and outgoing calls and electronic communications for the program or project.
- Processing, Filing and Auditing: Participates in compliance audits.
- Subject Matter Expert: Acts as subject matter expert for the assigned program/project or functional area systems.
- Project Management and Participation: Participates on cross- functional project teams.
Bachelor's degree, or a combination of education and experience that yields the minimally required key competencies.
3 to 4 year(s)
- 3-4 years working in health development sector assisting non- government organization (NGO) or public-sector programs
- Prefer: Studying in English medium or having a foreign degree
- Prefer: 3 years' programmatic experience in field offices/ district level under USAID project
- Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Recordkeeping: Foundational knowledge of organizing, filling and maintaining documents.
- Database Management, Data Entry and Reporting: Foundational knowledge of data entry and creation of reports. Ability to use and maintain databases. Ability to prepare reports to support projects.
- Travel, Meetings and Events Coordination: Ability to plan and coordinate activities, events, travel and meetings.
- Data and Materials Maintenance: Ability to review, update and finalize materials.
- Filing: Ability to file documentation and maintain records according to policy and procedures.
- Data Collection: Ability to develop and format instruments for data collection for project or program according to prescribed procedures.
- Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive
- health principles, practices and services of assigned project and program.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Software Applications: Foundational skills using MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Ability to speak and write using the local language and English language.
- Customer Service: Proven customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills. Foundational project planning and project management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work- related issues
- Other Information:
- Extensive Travel required; must be willing to travel in public transportation
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer and other IT devices
- May serve as the program/project or functional area's first point- of-contact for internal and external stakeholders.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Please submit a CV of maximum 4 pages along with a cover letter of not more than 1 page detailing your experience and suitability for the role to [email protected]
Note: Subject line should read "Program Coordinator" Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application Deadline : Nov 19, 2019
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.