- Contract duration will be approximate 08 months and possibility of extension.
- To manage the Procurement of goods and services to ensure the smooth-running of the programmes in compliance with Handicap International`s internal regulations for Cox`s Bazar District.
- The Supply Chain Officer pro-actively supports the program activities by organizing adequate acquisition of goods and services.
- Her/his responsibilities include the intake and follow up of purchase requisitions, tender/quotation procedures, order processing, collecting quotations and other purchasing activities, invoicing and delivery of goods to requestors.
- S/he is also the primary responsible for sourcing, specification and standardization. S/he takes care of clear communications about delivery lead times and replies to any other inquiries of requestors.
- The Supply Chain Officer is expected to manage high degree of complex emergency logistic related problems and challenges that are typical for procurement processing and supplier management.
- The job holder will have to demonstrate the ability to solve problems quickly, thinking wisely while interacting with both external and internal parties in a high stress and dynamic environment.
- The Supply Chain Officer directly supports the Area General Services Manager and Area Supply Chain Manager in Cox`s Bazar and operates within the Logistics Procurement guidelines and procedures.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Objective 1: Procurement and Supply Management
- Ensure that all procurement is done following the HI procurement procedure and the donor policy;
- Procurement processing and follow up of the approved PSR (purchase and service request) for program activi-ties;
- Responsible for sourcing of products, timely collection of quotations as per the approved for goods and services and performing purchase transactions;
- Performance of transparent transactions, purchasing and delivery of goods and services within prior agreed lead times and ensures that all purchases are properly documented;
- Establish Framework Agreement Contracts (FWA) to facilitate and expedite procurement processes
- Collects Supplier Quotations (SQ) as per the Procurement Guideline Thresholds then forwards them to the su-pervisor; reports any difficulties (sourcing, stock outs, unavailability) immediately to the supervisor and consults the applicant when needed;
- Prepares Summary Bid Analysis (SBA) for purchases through quotes;
- Prepares Supplier Purchase Order (SPOs) and service contracts when needed;
- Arranges transportation of procured items from suppliers to the office/warehouse, as necessary;
- Ensures that purchased items and services meet the stated quality and quantity requirements and ensures deliv-ery to the identified location;
- Receives/collects invoices, arranges cash/cheques with the Finance Department and makes payments when re-quired;
- Makes sure that the requesting person has received the items, against signature of the internal delivery note.
- Settles all payments and/or cash advances on a daily basis.
- Objective 2: Identify and Negotiate with Suppliers
- Interact with the suppliers on a regular basis
- Develop a network of reliable suppliers (continually look for new and better suppliers)
- Ensure a continuous market assessment to increase the number of sources
- Keep informed of the evolution of the market and of the offers of the suppliers
- Track the status of any orders
- Objective 3: Documentation and Archive
- Ensures the full validation of the purchase forms by the appropriate persons at the field, mission and Head Quar-ter (HQ) level;
- Ensures accurate and complete hard copy files and electronic filing (SCAN) archives of procurement packages with ALL supporting documentation.
- Ensure the data security (Backup of computer data has been taken followed by routine)
- Objective 4: Market Assessment and Identification of Preferred Suppliers
- Conducting market assessments upon the direction provided by the Log Manager or Supply Manager; collection of information about suppliers and market conditions and reporting supplier details, product lists and price lists to the Log Manager or Supply Manager.
- Prepare a supplier/catalogue database and maintain it up to date.
- Conduct a market surveys on a regular basis.
- Supervise the updating of the mission's price catalogue.
- Objective 5: Reporting
- Ensures daily updating of PSR MC (purchase and service request monitoring chart);
- Ensures weekly distribution of the PSR MC to Logistics, Finance and Program managers;
- Maintains an up-to-date Suppliers List and submits the list regularly for revision and endorsement to the Log Manager, Supply Manager and Logistics Coordinator.
- Objective 6: Ethics and Professional Practice
- Show professional ethics, respect and promote Handicap International mandate;
- Respect the Handicap International protection of children policy and protection of beneficiaries from sexual ex-ploitation and abuse policy and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI's policies amongst the teams or partners;
- Respect the Handicap International policy and mechanisms for the prevention of, and fight against, FRAUD and bribery and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI's policies amongst the teams or partners.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Management or supply chain
- Skills Required: Computer skill
At least 3 year(s)
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- At least 3 years experience in humanitarian and development INGOs, with at least 1 year experience in the procurement activities.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Stress management techniques;
- Excellent communications skills both in Bangla and English
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Autonomous but also a good team player
- Advanced computer literacy are essential requirement.
65,952 - 71,891
- Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2
- As per organizational policy.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
House # SW (F) 1/A, Road # 04, Gulshan - 1, Dhaka-1212
Handicap International (HI) is an international aid organization specialized in the field of disability. Non-governmental, non-religious, non-political and non-profit making, it works alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, whatever the context, offering them assistance and supporting them in their efforts to become self-reliant. Since its creation, the organisation has set up programmes in approximately 60 countries and intervened in many emergency situations. It operates as a federation made up of a network of eight associations (Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA) which provide human and financial resources, manage projects and raise awareness of Handicap International`s actions and campaigns.