Category : NGO/Development Application deadline has been passed!
Procurement Assistant, SC5
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
: Full Time
: Not mandatory
: Cox's Bazar
: Not mentioned
: Oct 29, 2019
: Nov 09, 2019
- To perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
- Contract Type : Service Contract
- Contract Duration : 12 months
- Duty Station : Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Nationality : Bangladeshi only
Job Description / Responsibility
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Consolidate and analyse data from which to inform Country sourcing strategies or plan specialist procurement initiatives that support effective and cost optimising purchase decisions.
- Provide oversight, guidance and support with / to Sub-Office with relatively straight forward procurement needs (moderate value commodities, delivering programmes of a similar nature) on implementing best practice procurement policies and procedures, ensuring a strategic, forward purchasing approach to procurement in compliance with wider WFP policies, standards and regulations.
- Manage operational activities of light complexity for a SO (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), to ensure successful procurement non-food commodities or and retail services.
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with all relevant suppliers and vendors and retailers to enable WFP to maximise the value of the service delivered.
- Work in close collaboration with cross functional counterparts to align procurement activities and promote an integrated supply-chain approach to NFI & retail assistance.
- Coordinate and prepare accurate and timely reports of procurement activities to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Manage individual procurement assistants under him or small procurement teams ensuring appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Long Description
- Build capacity of WFP staff and external partners to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services e.g., through provision of training sessions.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of procurement specific risks.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: A bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Law or Accounting
- Experience: at least 3 years' experience to procurement activities.
- Experience communicating and coordinating with UN agencies/ large international conglomerates.
- Experience working with food commodity markets and big experience on how retail markets work as well as goods and services needed in support of WFP's Operations and its related market intelligence.
- Experience working with vendors and retailers and wholesalers
- Experience in the implementation of retail activities to support CBT programmes in both cash transfers and voucher modalities.
- Knowledge of WFP corporate assistance transfer platform, tools and guidelines is highly desirable.
- Has deepened technical supply chain CBT knowledge through exposure to relevant teams.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla
- 4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES:
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP's Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team's work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit's responsibilities will serve WFP's mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an "I will"/"We will" spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP's teams and external partners in fulfilling team's goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor's priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Monthly Net Salary : BDT. 86,452
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!
Latest jobs of this Company
Other jobs of this Category