The incumbent will work closely with other EG Team members to help achieve the Mission’s Development Objective 2: Food Security Increased and Objective 4: Responsiveness to Climate Change Improved. The incumbent is the Administrative Assistant in the Office of Economic Growth, an office with 29 positions, which manages over $65 million in programs, the most diverse development portfolio in the Bangladesh Mission. He/she provides programmatic, administrative, secretarial and other support to the office. The Administrative Assistant is the principal timekeeper for U.S. Personal Services Contractors (USPSC) and Foreign Service National (FSN) staff of the EG Team and is also the primary file custodian and record manager for the EG team. The incumbent also supports a rigorous schedule of TDY visitors from Washington and other Missions, coordinating across the Embassy. Further, he/she provides support to EG through the coordination of all office training through TraiNET, and coordination of all official TDY visits. The incumbent coordinates and maintains a Government of Bangladesh contact list and steering group list. He /she is also expected to act as a mentor and resource point for all newly-hired EG team members, particularly Project Management Assistant and Administrative Assistant positions.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Programmatic Support
- Provides direct support to EG programs/activities to include:
- Types correspondence, memorandums and principal documents containing project-related terminology and statistical information (e.g. letters to partners, trip reports).
- Drafts and formats responses to routine correspondence (e.g., NGOs request for USAID financial support, program information, referrals, etc.).
- Assists partners on participant training.
- Maintains up-to-date information on all projects managed by the EG Team, including information on personnel, host country counterparts, contractors, grantees and other implementing organizations.
- Electronically logs correspondence in and out, reviews incoming routine correspondence and makes initial assignment of action based on content, and maintains action log.
- Acts as mentor to new team members, particularly Program Management Assistants, for coordination and efficiency purposes.
- Office and Programmatic Record File Management
- Manage EG program/activities files to include:
- Primary file custodian is responsible for ensuring record management deadlines are met and oversees the following: file management, vital records, retiring files.
- Files and retrieves multiple activity documents, reports and correspondence utilizing extensive, complex filing system in accordance with USAID Automated Directive System (ADS); and organizes electronic files in the shared drive.
- Responsible for maintaining, tracking and verifying important documentation (e.g., MAARDS, procurement waivers, budgets, result reports, Cooperative Agreement plans and budgets, grantee commodity inventories and disposition reports, etc.) is properly prepared, is appropriately formatted, and is appropriately disseminated.
- Consistently maintain and update the EG team and working groups files, both hard copy and electronic, by reading incoming and outgoing messages and documents, assessing their importance and using judgment in determining if and where they need to be maintained on a permanent basis.
- Serves as the team's documentation coordinator, responsible for a) maintaining a storage and retrieval system for technical assistance reports; grantee/contractor progress reports; trip reports; scientific, program and activity reports; and other technical information; and b) ensuring that technical assistance reports, sector documents and information are properly disseminated, and classified. This responsibility requires the understanding of OPHNE technical materials and the knowledge of the principles of information storage and classification systems.
- Maintains up to date contact lists for Government of Bangladesh EG contacts and task groups.
- Administrative/Secretarial Support, General Services, Logistics, Coordination
- Provides administrative, logistical, and coordination support to the team, including:
- Answers telephone and directs calls to appropriate team members; directs visitors.
- Maintains time and attendance reports and records for both USPSC and FSN employees.
- Records minutes/agreements of the team and working group meetings, as needed;
- Ensures appropriate supplies and services are available (stationary and equipment repair).
- Arranges for extensive transportation and travel for the Office Director, Team Leaders and other Americans in EG and for visitors. Prepares travel requests and vouchers using “Travel Manager” and makes conference arrangements.
- Arranges appointments with senior Host Country Officials, U.S. Mission Officials, other donors, host country agencies, and other organizations and individuals. Collects related background data/materials for appointments and conferences.
- Maintains up-to-date appointment calendar for selected personnel and EG Conference facilities; ensures that the team and working groups use and maintain daily calendars.
- Coordinates all office training through TraiNET.
- Coordinates all TDY visitors to the EG team.
- Coordinates IT support for the EG Team.
- Coordinates GSO support for the EG Team.
- The above responsibilities involve a clear understanding of USAID regulations and guidance concerning clearance procedures and documentation practices. It also involves basic knowledge of the Food Security, Environment, and EG sectors and the major EG organizations in Bangladesh, the functions of the EG Team, and the basic content of EG Team programs. These responsibilities also require independent thinking and exercise of judgment in scheduling, planning, drafting correspondence, and facilitating schedules and communication among team members.
- Skills Required: Computer skills
At least 3 year(s)
Ability to organize and present factual information from program partners and working groups in minutes, task lists, summaries of documents. Good office etiquette and interpersonal skills necessary. Ability to prioritize tasks. Ability to maintain complex filing systems; organize and maintain documentation classification systems; provide instruction and oversight on the use of a computer based communication network; identify constraints and provide remedies in the Team's information flow.Gender: Both
- Tk. 942598 - 1624739 (Yearly)
- T/A, Tour allowance, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
For a complete job description, required qualifications and detailed information on how to apply please visit USAID/Bangladesh website: http://www.usaid.gov/bangladesh/work-with-us/careers
Application Deadline : Oct 23, 2019