- How passionate are you about cricket?
- Here at ONE DIGITAL, we just don’t like cricket, we love it!
- If you have a good writing skill and can speak the language of cricket, we want to hear from you.
- This is a FULL TIME position for a SPORTS JOURNALIST who’d love to work with cricket and sports in general.
- AVAILABLE POSITIONS:
- 2 (Two); One Each for Bangla and English content.
- PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- The Journalist will be part of the In-house Reporting and Editorial Team for www.dailycricket.com.bd, one of the fast growing cricket-only sports site in Bangladesh. He/she must speak the cricketing language, be a passionate follower and have an in depth knowledge and understanding of the game.
Job Description / Responsibility
- KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOURNALIST WILL BE:
- Write sports contents such as news, reports, featured articles etc.
- Monitor the news daily to keep updated of cricketing events and issues that need to be covered.
- Generate ideas for news, articles, columns and other special contents for the sports portal.
- Forecast and plan the content requirement and finalize the sourcing.
- Taking Interview of players, coaches etc as and when required.
- Covering live matches from the ground.
- Overall monitoring of the content section of the website.
- Undertake other responsibilities, if necessary.
- MUST HAVES:
- He/she must be a passionate cricket fan with in depth understanding of the game.
- Ability to write and speak in the cricketing language.
- The analytical ability to analyze and write reports and articles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline, preferably in Journalism/ English/ Communication.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bangla, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and keep to deadlines.
- Ability to work in both in-door and out-door and late nights where necessary.
- Organized and able to manage various responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Computer and IT literacy is a must.
- Knowledge of social media operation.
- Candidates with previous experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge about HTML, Graphics Design would be added benefit.
- Experience of playing cricket at any level.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- Skills Required: Content writing, Copy writing/ Script Writing, Journalism & Mass Communication, Staff Correspondent
At least 2 year(s)
Age at least 25 yearsGender: Both
Age: At least 25 year(s)
- T/A, Mobile bill
- Lunch Facilities: Full Subsidize
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Please send resume at [email protected] , indicating the following :
- Whether you are applying for English or Bangla category (compulsory)
- Your expected salary.
- Link(s) of your previous work/publication, if any.
Application Deadline : Oct 31, 2019