Category : Hotel/Restaurant Application deadline has been passed!
Pan Pacific Sonargaon
: Full Time
: Not mandatory
: Jul 29, 2019
: Aug 17, 2019
Job Description / Responsibility
- Pastry Chef shall be the sole responsible for proper and efficient functioning of the Pastry Kitchen as well as Staff Management in the Pastry Section. The incumbent has to perform the following duties but not limited to, as follows:
- Prepare and execute all kinds of Raw Materials requirement plan along with future forecasting with the Approval of the Executive Chef.
- Plan and produce according to the requirements of Banquet, Café Bazar, Oriental Restaurant & Lobby Lounge.
- Develops attractive menus and creates standard recipe cards with pictures according to the Executive Chef's policy.
- Introduce and prepare special cakes for special occasions along with making sure that, desserts are timely prepared and delivered to different outlets in time.
- Prepare and changes the show-piece at the outlets from time to time.
- Manage & monitor activities of all Associates in the F&B-Kitchen (Pastry Section) Department such as standard of service excellence, policies & procedures, training and correcting where needed.
- Leadership Quality, Self-Confident, Decision Making, capability to supervise all kitchen (Pastry Section) associates and ensure excellence in food preparation.
- Thorough knowledge about Food Safety, Health Hygiene, Cleanliness and well acquainted with kitchen equipment's and to maintain these according to International Standards.
- Ability to maintain proper food and store room inventory, Cost Control, Food Costing, Menu Costing etc.
- Assist the Executive Chef to control costs by minimizing spoilage, utilizing food surpluses and portion controls.
- Must have the personality and administrative capability to run the most creative & lucrative department of the Hotel.
- Perform any other lawful assignment given by the General Manager as well as on emergency requirement basis.
- Minimum HSC/Diploma from a reputed food engineering institution. Graduation from a reputed Hospitality Institution will get preference.
- Minimum 8 (eight) years of experience in Kitchen Section with at least 3-5 years as Assistant Pastry Chef in a leading 4- or 5-Star Hotel. Overseas experience will be an added advantage.
- Ability to implement and maintain F&B-Kitchen and other relevant policy.
- Experience on Special Cake preparation, innovative pastry & desserts preparation & decoration etc.
- Should possess strong networking capability, entertaining clients, ability to plan ahead and ready to work under pressure.
- Not more than 40 (Forty) years of age as of last date of submitting the application.
- Age & Experience limit may be relaxed for extraordinary candidates as per the discretion of the Management.
- Other Requirements:
- Presentable personality, well groomed, courteous and excellent inter-personal relationship skills.
- Commendable documented communications proficiency both in spoken & written English and Bangla.
- Other language proficiency will be counted as an added advantage.
- Familiar with MS Office package and Internet Browsing.
- Strong Leadership skills & administrative capabilities are required to run the Kitchen activities smoothly.
- Should have a "Can Do Attitude".
- Ready to work extra hours irrespective of Duty schedule based on emergency situations.
Competitive salary package with other admissible benefits.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!