- Functional Field: Credit Risk Management
- Level: FVP/SVP
Job Description / Responsibility
- To be responsible for evaluation of environmental and social risks associated with the lending operations of the Bank and its international operations.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the environmental and social risk management system (ESMS/SEMS) is implemented across the institution and financial products.
- To ensure that the procedures in the environmental and social risk assessment systems are aligned to and integrated with the credit risk management process.
- To ensure adequate E&S due-diligence is done on high risk and complex transactions in line with the SEMS guidelines and IFC Performance Standards, which includes undertaking site visits, consultations and discussions with relevant stakeholders, and review of documents to evaluate the E&S risk associated with the transactions and propose relevant mitigation plans.
- To be responsible for negotiating and agreeing the mitigation plans with the borrowers and covenanting the same in the legal agreements.
- To ensure that the risks are escalated appropriately to the relevant decision making authority as per the credit process and the ESMS/SEMS and maintain adequate documentation thereof.
- To monitor and record progress on critical E&S conditions of financing/mitigation plans.
- To ensure that the staff responsible for implementing ESMS/SEMS procedures or are part of the risk management process are adequately trained from time to time.
- To maintain a roster of external E&S consultants and draw upon the services as and when required.
At least a first class postgraduate /Master's degree from a government recognized technical university or a well-known and accredited private university in any field of following sciences: environmental / ecology / biodiversity / forestry sciences, environment / chemical / civil engineering, industrial safety, and social-sciences / anthropology / sociology.
- At least 6-8 years of post-qualification industry experience (preferably with infrastructure, manufacturing or agribusiness industry) in first hand implementation of environment management system and undertaking audits;
- A combination of 3-4 years of industry experience with 3-4 years of consulting in the environment, social, health and safety sector.
- Good understanding of environment, labor, industrial health and safety related laws of the country is a must.
- Candidate with experience in implementing any certifications such as ISO, OHSAS or international good industry practices (such as IFC/World Bank/ ADB/ JICA/ DFID etc.) will have an added advantage.
- Basic understanding of Banking operations will be an added advantage but is not a qualifying criteria.
- Additional Job Requirements/ Computer Skills:
- Strong communication skill in both Bengali and English
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft-Office, especially in MS-Excel.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasking ability.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting