- Department: Internal Control and Compliance (ICC) Department
Job Description / Responsibility
- Assist in the development, maintenance, implementation and review of the Internal Control and Compliance work programmes, audit plan and risk register and drive the development, deployment and update/review of the charter, manual, relevant policies and other frameworks for the Internal Control and Compliance Function.
- Perform audits through the review of physical and electronic records, evaluate the level of compliance with established business control policies, processes, procedures, standards, laws and regulations in assigned functional areas/business units, identify control weaknesses or process improvement opportunities and initiate workable solutions.
- Reports audit findings and recommendations based on the results of audit examinations, whether scheduled or unscheduled, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by an organ of Management.
- Maintains a comprehensive oversight of the main areas of risk and control weaknesses in the Bank's business model and operational infrastructure.
- Investigate and report all alleged cases of fraud, waste, abuse and inefficiencies and make recommendations on appropriate preventive or remedial actions.
- Establish the organizational risk control framework based on the regulatory guidelines as well as industry practice to oversee and monitor the process.
- Consistently monitor the changes made in the regulatory framework and design the organizational activities in light with the changes.
- Monitor and drive compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements across all business areas.
- Implement the internal audit strategic initiatives relating to key responsibilities.
- Conducts follow-up reviews of financial, operational or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Acts as a point of reference for the external auditors and as a liaison between these and the various organs/functions of the Bank.
- Graduation, preferably in Business, Economics, Bank Management or related subject
At least 6 year(s)
- Minimum Six (6) years of experience in reputed Banks; minimum Three (3) years of experience in Internal Control & Compliance department
- Should have sufficient knowledge about core risk area of a Bank as CRM, AML, ALM, ICC, Forex, ICT Guidelines of Bangladesh Bank.
- Should have the ability to comply with the Bank's activities under the current laws, rules & regulation and its amendment from time to time by the Bangladesh Bank or other regulatory body.
- Capable to prepare & develop management reporting systems (MRS) and regularly report to Top Management of the Bank regarding compliance and risk related issues.
- Excellent writing, analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to discern issues and focus on material risks and/or control weaknesses.
- Should be proactive, innovative and energetic.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skill and leadership quality is much desired.
- Applicants who are serving as Senior Officer and above are eligible to apply for this post.
- Candidate having third Division/Class in his/her academic carrier, need not to apply.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Suvastu Imam Square, 65 Gulshan Ave, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Woori Bank is the leading commercial bank in global financial market, incorporated in 1899 in the republic of Korea and a flagship company of global reputed “Woori Financial Group”. It leads the industry in establishing a ‘clean’ banking model in Global financial market based on financial stability, sound risk management, revenue growth and optimal allocation of capital after having experience for 112 years. Presently it has 53 global networks in 15 different countries and around 1000 branches in Korea having a total assets for USD240 billion. According to British Financial Magazine “The Banker”, Woori Bank has ranked on 72nd Bank in the world among Top 1000 Banks of 2011.http://bd.wooribank.com/