Job Description / Responsibility
- To oversee asset liability management and fund management program for the Bank.
- To review the institution's financial conditions, financial position and recommend viable alternatives for
- cost effective operation.
- To participate in the strategic planning process, to lead the budgeting and forecasting of the bank and to build a strong financial discipline and accountability foundation for budgeting and forecasting.
- To plan, direct and coordinate the implementation of effective accounting and financial administration policies, procedures and reports to ensure meticulous compliance of bank's financial policy for sound financial management and control of the Bank.
- Tax management - Corporate Tax, Employee Tax and VAT.
- To prepare, present and interpret financial reports to the management, Board of Directors and shareholders to direct and supervise preparation of all fiscal reporting, such as cost accounting, budgets, regulatory authorities and government reports.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues relating to financial matters.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Meet the requirements of the regulatory authority (Bangladesh bank) regarding internal control, compliance and internal audit; provide suitable directions and leadership to the audit and inspection unit, monitoring unit and compliance unit; statutory audit (CA firms) and Bangladesh Bank audit.
- Submit report to the Managing Director & CEO, Audit Committee / Board of Directors periodically with assurance that risk-based audit concept is being implemented effectively and bank's asset & liabilities and other factors are free from risks to a great extent.
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
- Partnering with other domains in the bank - Human Resources, Information Technology, Business Lines & Risk Management.
- Any other work / responsibility as and when assigned by the Management of the Bank.
Masters/ MBA in Finance/ Accounting
- The candidate should have at least 18 years practical experience relating to accounting, finance and auditing activities of a major financial institution / reputed commercial bank with at least 5 (five) years in an executive capacity /departmental head. Experience in the executive level in any reputed commercial bank is preferable.
- The candidate must be an FCA or Equivalent
- To establish a powerful and effective financial system in the bank and help to prepare all accounts & financial statements of the bank timely and review periodically.
- Should have knowledge on Corporate Governance and Corporate Affairs.
- Should be knowledgeable in Bank Company Act -1991 (related amendments) and other related laws.
- Must have good expertise on Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point Presentation and Microsoft Word.
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
- Well conversant with modern payment and collection systems
As per company policy
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting