Category : Accounts & Finance Application deadline has been passed!
: Full Time
: 30 to 36 year(s)
: Not mandatory
: Not mentioned
: Apr 21, 2019
: Apr 27, 2019
- Department: Accounts & General Controller
- Overall responsible for: Manage and control credit systems and procedures to continually improve the hotel credit policy and process, pursue collection of overdue accounts to maximize hotel profitability through reducing bad debt exposure and improving working capital.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Ensure adherence to the hotel's credit policy
- Reports directly to and communicates with the Finance and Business Support Manager on all matters pertaining to credit and collection of guest and city ledger accounts
- Liaises closely with the City Ledger Supervisor in reviewing and maintaining the Aged Trial Balance of Accounts Receivable
- Monitors the special billing arrangements for groups and conventions as required to ensure that postings are in line with customer requirements
- Reviews city ledger daily for correct postings of charges and take corrective action where necessary
- Monitor and pursue collection of overdue accounts
- Review bad debts listing monthly to prepare collectability analysis for monthly provision for doubtful debts
- Prepare management reports for month end analysis and provide documentation for credit meeting
- Review provision, write-offs and other adjustments immediately prior to month end
- Conduct monthly credit meeting with relevant IHG and IC Dhaka team highlighting monthly performance, bad debts, staff accounts outstanding and discuss any accounts causing concern and follow up
- Maintaining and preparing accurate and timely financial and operating information with emphasis on the Aged Trial Balance of Accounts Receivable
- Implementing and maintaining acceptable accounting practices and procedures as required by IHG policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting practices and as affected by local conditions
- Works with Finance and Business Support Manager in the preparation and management of the department's budget
- Direct day-to-day purchasing activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Plan for future staffing needs & Recruit in line with company guidelines
- Prepare detailed induction programmes for new staff
- Actively work at developing your staff and identify high potentials
- Maintain training records for all direct reports and ensure they do the same for their staff
- Conduct probation and formal performance appraisal in line with company guidelines
- Regularly communicate with staff to maintain good relations
- Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with guests and other departments in matters concerning issuance of credit, follow up outstanding accounts and assisting with credit requirements
- Respond to and resolve account queries in conjunction with accounts receivable
- Assists in control and collection of outstanding guest and city ledger accounts
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
- Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Assists in providing safe keeping, including proper storage and access, for all contracts, leases and other financial records.
- Any task as and when required, not limited to.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting/ Finance is required. Master Degree/ MBA in Accounting/ Finance is preferred.
- Age 30 to 36 years
- Good in paperwork, writing reports and Mathematical skills
- Problem solving & reasoning abilities.
- Good in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in OPERA will get Preference.
- Experience: 4-7 years related experience in a reputed organization. Experience in 5* hotels/ luxury properties will get preference.
- Physical Features: Sound Health & energetic
- Skills Required:
- Good in analytical ability.
- Sound professional knowledge
- Very good in communication.
- Good in ownership skill
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong Leadership capability.
- Others: Needs to be self-motivated, able to train/lead team efficiently.
Age: 30 to 36 year(s)
As per company policy.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!
Other jobs of this Category