Bir Metal Engineering & Manufacturing Co. Ltd. is an International Joint Venture Hardware & Tools manufacturing company (Bangladesh & China). The factory is located at Daulatpur (Sikder Bari Road), Board Bazar in Gazipur. We are seeking a motivated candidate to fill the role of Sr. Executive/ Asst. Manager (Purchase & Procurement) in our newly established company. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with an outgoing, friendly personality who enjoys interacting with other people. This individual should be comfortable communicating directly with local supplier/vendor, especially by visiting market place (like Nowabpur) or over phone. Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Job Description / Responsibility
- Responsible for implementing internal purchase & procurement strategies to meet day-to-day operational needs by sourcing cost effectiveness materials & services while maintaining quality standards, delivery targets and lead time requirements.
- Ensuring the production materials, machinery, equipment, fixture & fittings, consumables and other supplies are available in time to support the production or company needs.
- Facilitating selection of appropriate vendors and procurement methods based on procurement requirements and company standards.
- Coordinating and facilitating the approved acquisition of goods and services, raising Work Orders / Purchase Orders (POs), goods and invoice receipting.
- Evaluating vendor/supplier's quotation to ensure that they are in line with the technical and commercial specifications required for the project; and evaluate the supplier performance based on quality standards, delivery time & best prices and ensure all the criteria are met according to the organizational requirements and expectation.
- Engaging in cost negotiations with select suppliers and develop lead times for procurement based on material groups; and resolve supply, quality, service and invoicing issues with vendors.
- Advising internal and external on issues regarding purchasing Terms & Conditions and liaison with other departments, particularly the accounting, manufacturing and stock departments.
- Contacting the vendors or agency representatives to inquire about existing and new product information, solicit bids, develop requests for quotations; and confer with vendors regarding damaged goods, delayed payments or related information.
- Establishing and negotiating contract terms and conditions and maintain supplier relationships.
- Creating and maintaining procurement database/records, including softcopy, and other systems whilst ensuring accuracy and integrity of data.
- Nurturing relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company.
- Researching new products and services to meet company's goals; and monitoring suppliers' pricing, quality, services and payment terms.
- Undertaking any other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Master of Arts (MA) in Accounting or Finance, Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Supply Chain Management
- Skills Required: Analytical skills, Leadership and Good Communication skill., Reporting and Documentation, Strong negotiation Skills
7 to 10 year(s)
- Age 30 to 36 years
- Only males are allowed to apply
- To have knowledge on factory related procurement & purchase.
- Must have clear knowledge about local procurement & market place like Nowabpur
- Ability to have skill to work as independently.
- Resourceful, self-driven, proactive and independent worker
- Hardworking and meticulous with positive attitude
- Proficient in use of MS Office Applications (Words, Excel, Access) and Tally/ERP
- Able to work well under stress in a fast paced environment.
Age: 30 to 36 year(s)
- T/A, Mobile bill, Provident fund, Gratuity
- Lunch Facilities: Full Subsidize
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting