Category : NGO/Development Application deadline has been passed!
Generalist Field Officer
International Committee of the Red Cross
: Not mandatory
: Aug 24, 2019
: Sep 05, 2019
- Department : Operations
- Number of Position :One (01)
- Location : Dhaka
- Starting date : As soon as possible
- Contract Type : Open Ended Contract
- The Generalist Field Officer will closely work with the Field Protection Delegate covering the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT). The Generalist Field Officer will contribute in defining, organizing, implementing and monitoring the Delegation`s activities in CHT. He/she will also contribute in the analysis of the humanitarian & security situation and in developing a network of interlocuters both in Dhaka and CHT to reach the operational objectives.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Work closely with the Field Protection Delegate, based in Dhaka (whose area of responsibility is Chittagong Hill Tracks (CHT)
- Contribute to expanding and consolidating the delegations contacts and network among the affected population, local authorities, security forces, human rights groups and other stakeholders- including building a strong working relationship with BDRCS Units in CHT
- Liaise regularly with all departments in relation to ongoing projects, field trips and trainings which take place in Area of Response
- Contribute to consolidating feedback from the different departments' field trips, particularly with regards to protection information. Shares relevant information with concerned departments.
- Carry out regular field missions, sometimes at very short notice and independently, and contributes to the internal reporting mechanisms (Field trip reports and Minutes of Meeting)
- Contribute to the implementation of ICRC field activities in accordance with objectives and guidelines and in coordination with all the departments
- Contribute in designing the strategy for Area of Responsibility (AoR)
- Monitor the humanitarian environment and needs, and analyses the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment. When needed translates/summarizes media articles
University degree or equivalent
- Fluent in English and Bangla (written and oral)
- Computer literacy
- experience in similar roles, or in other humanitarian organizations
- Previous working experience in Red Cross Movement will get preference
- Proven networking & coordination skills in Dhaka & Chittagong
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and team working skills; sense of responsibility; strong organizational skills; perseverance; rigor.
- Ability to remain flexible, and to maintain good spirits in challenging and stressful situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Empathy and compassion with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
- An open-ended contract with attractive compensation and social benefits
- 13th month Salary
- Medical Insurance and Accidental Coverage
- In-house and/or external training
- The opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience in an international setting of humanitarian endeavour
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!
Other jobs of this Category