Job Description / Responsibility
- Shushilan a National Non-government Organization is going to recruit one (1) Assistant Research Officer under its Research & Advocacy Cell. It is a position for Dhaka Office, but occasionally he(s) has to visit the fields as per the requirement of the projects and organizational needs. Job description and responsibilities of the position are given below
- Develop research work plans according to project needs.
- Identify potential grantees and build strong relationships with them.
- Assist to develop grant proposals and assist in grant completion and submission processes.
- Perform day-to-day supervision of research staffs for assigned projects.
- Act as the primary contact for the research team for any questions and concerns.
- Attend meetings to share new ideas and discuss issues.
- Assist in orientation, training, performance evaluation, promotion and retention activities.
- Assist in the maintenance of research database and documents.
- Assist to analyze and resolve research issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review protocol for adherence to qualitative/quantitative research principles and make appropriate suggestions to supervisor in order to support the creation of sound proposal
- Plan for field work (allocation of locations and duties, requisitions for logistics/ transport etc. and assist supervisor to develop research tools for the studies
- Train research assistants on research methods, protocol activities and questionnaire/ checklists
- Maintain research ethics and quality control of data
- Provide a report with findings and share with supervisor and disseminate across different platforms
Masters in Social Science including Development Studies, Economics, Geography & Environment and Agriculture Economics from any public university
At least 3 year(s)
- At least 03 years of relevant job experience is required in the field of social research and project proposal development
- Good knowledge of research design, data analysis and research methodology
- Have skills on interpretation and presentation and report writing
- Strong analytical, communication, networking and people management skills
- Computer knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS/STATA, GIS.
- Has a strong mentality to work in a team
- Communication skills both verbal and written in English and Bangla
Other facilities as per organizational policy
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
House # 614, Road # 12, Baitul Aman Housing Society, Adabor, Dhaka-1207
Shushilan - a non-profit organization has been working in the field of Livelihoods, Environmental Resource Management, Health & Nutrition, Human Rights & Good Governance, Disaster Management and People organization development in Bangladesh since 1991.www.shushilan.org