- This position is responsible for preparing donor reports and consolidating country reports on Emergency Preparedness and Response Programme, generate programme information and develop Information, Education & Communication (IEC) materials and draft concept note for the relevant stake holders. The role is also responsible for supporting country team to record learning and implement activities with quality, taking initiative to build capacity of the country teams in managing humanitarian crisis. This position is reportable to Head of Emergency Preparedness and Response Programme, BRAC International and work closely with Emergency Preparedness and Response team in BRAC International countries and Humanitarian Crisis Management Programme team in Bangladesh.
- Employment type: Regular/ Contractual
- Job Location: BRAC International, Head Office, Dhaka
Job Description / Responsibility
- Prepare concept note, proposal, situation report, action plan and presentations for relevant stakeholders to support resource mobilization.
- Produce IEC materials and publish them through various platforms for the wider audience.
- Prepare donor reports in collaboration with country teams and BI monitoring units.
- Share information on Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response within and outside BRAC.
- Consolidate reports of BI countries to share with BI staffs and stakeholders.
- Collect, record and share monitoring feedback and knowledge events and apply these in programme designing, planning and implementation.
- Support to promote BRAC International humanitarian branding at regional and global level.
- Take initiative to build humanitarian capacity of the country teams.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme's goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
At least 4 years Bachelor degree in Communications/ English/ Disaster Management/ Development Studies/ Geography and Environment/ Sociology/ Climate Change Adaptation/ Humanitarian Affairs/ any relevant subject from an accredited university.
At least 2 year(s)
- Proficiency in English, especially in analytical writing and speaking;
- Ability to demonstrate values, core purpose and principles of humanitarian work;
- Ability to receive and provide feedback and updates to achieve improved results;
- Ability to work under pressure with Self-awareness, cultural sensitivity, respect to diversity, flexibility and adaptability;
- Ability to make time to learn from experience and feedback, and apply the lessons to a new situation;
- Ability to document lessons learned and apply them to future projects;
- At least 2 years' experience of relevant experience;
- Experience in writing reports, meeting minutes, developing IEC materials, presentation;
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting