- Reports to: Programs and Impact
- Direct Supervisor: Family Planning Specialist
- Classification :Regular Full-time
- Directs: None
- Summary: Working closely with FP Specialist, provide technical leadership and direction to project on family planning. Collaborates with project team to strengthen and expand use of family planning services in project area. Ensure that family planning services and activities meet the needs of intended populations. Ensures that the project team draws on state-of-the-art knowledge and practices in family planning. Supports development of family planning strategies with other project staff, in a manner that reflects a project-wide strategy while accommodating proven Bangladesh-specific approaches.
- The position is assigned to Pathfinder`s Accelerating Universal Access to Family Planning (AUAFP) project in Bangladesh. AUAFP is a five year multi-million dollar project funded by USAID. The project aims to strengthen and expand access to quality family planning services through a collaborative health system capacity building partnership with the government of Bangladesh, specifically through a flexible implementation model led in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, including the National Institute of Population Research and Training, the Directorate General of Family Planning, and the Directorate General of Health Services.
- Other Information:
- Travel required
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
- This position may be stationed within one of the three Directorates of MOH&FW
Job Description / Responsibility
- Strategic Leadership: Provides strategic technical expertise to project on the implementation of high quality family planning products and services at community level. Leads in the development of family planning service delivery tools and materials supporting tailored approaches for intended populations. Builds on existing tools and develops or adapts innovative approaches to ensure the efficiency, acceptability and impact of family planning products and services.
- Programming Design and Implementation: Leads in the design, development and implementation of innovative, effective, context appropriate programming to improve FP service availability through improved training and mentorship & supportive supervision and expand use of FP services through community mobilization in collaboration with NIPORT, DGFP, DGHS. Understand adolescent and youth context in project intervention sites and how they are linked with FP use.
- Technical Assistance: Provides technical assistance to project, Government of Bangladesh, local partners, and other agencies to assess needs and support the development of family planning standards, guidance, and training materials that are responsive to the needs of intended populations, particularly adolescent and youth.
- Quality Assurance: Works with the project team to ensure that best practices for services and service integration are well documented, evaluated and poised for scale up.
- Brand Ambassador: Represents project to external organizations and audiences at professional meetings and conferences as assigned
- Liaison with Key Stakeholders: Liaises and coordinates with key stakeholders, including Government of Bangladesh, USAID, and international and local partners on family planning interventions.
MBBS or Master's in public health, Population Science or related discipline
At least 6 year(s)
- 6 years' experience in working in health and family planning, preferably in implementing programs in collaboration with Government of Bangladesh
- Technical expertise in Mentoring and Supportive Supervision as well as Family Planning services
- Prefer: Experience with USAID-funded projects, experience of working with Government of Bangladesh
- Prefer: Familiarity with US Government regulations and legislative and policy requirements for family planning, reproductive health, and environmental compliance
- Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System: Advanced knowledge of the Bangladesh public health systems.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Advanced knowledge of family planning and reproductive health rights, principles, protocol and practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments. Advanced skills in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating development and intervention activities, preferably with USAID, WHO, or other donor organizations working in the health sector.
- Program Operations and Development: Advanced skills in implementing and similar program operations in Bangladesh, including advocacy.
- Leadership: Advanced skills in family planning and health service delivery strengthening in Bangladesh and proven ability in developing strategic plans.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Advanced skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Operations and Financial Management: Advanced knowledge of operations and financial management.
- Change Leadership: Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in managing change across a broad group of stakeholders in an inclusive manner.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to make presentations on results and products to small and large groups.
- Community Relations: Advanced skills in facilitating work relationships between partners, government officials, and communities.
- Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using Bangla and English language.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Please submit a CV of maximum 4 pages along with a cover letter of not more than 1 page detailing your experience and suitability for the role to AUAFPjobs@gmail.com
Note: Subject line should read "Mentoring & Supportive Supervision/ FP Officer"
Please also mention your preferable working place in the subject line
Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application Deadline : Mar 24, 2019
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.