- Reports to: Programs and Impact
- Direct Supervisor: Community Engagement & SBCC Manager
- Classification: Regular Full-time
- Directs: None
- Summary: The Community Engagement and SBCC Officer is responsible to assist in identifying stakeholders at the state level, building their commitment to the -project and coordinating their activities to motivate and mobilize support for and use of family planning and reproductive health services. S/he will assist DGFP, DGHS, MOHFW, NGO and private sector counterparts to plan, implement, and monitor interventions, including communication strategies, aimed at changing behaviors of the target group which will in turn lead to expanded utilization of family planning.
- This position is for 01 year with a possibility of extension based on the performance of the individual and availability of fund.
- The position is assigned to Pathfinder`s Accelerating Universal Access to Family Planning (AUAFP) or Shukhi Jibon project in Bangladesh. The project aims to strengthen and expand access to quality family planning services through a collaborative health system capacity building partnership with the government of Bangladesh, specifically through a flexible implementation model led in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, including the National Institute of Population Research and Training, the Directorate General of Family Planning, and the Directorate General of Health Services.
- Other Information:
- Travel required
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Job Description / Responsibility
- Work closely with relevant government and NGO stakeholders in planning and implementation of detailed community work plan in support of the district. -
- Identify behavioral barriers, and build partner/stakeholder capacity to assess address behavioral barriers
- Maintain communication channels to ensure that stakeholders are kept informed of project activities, needs for input, etc.
- Launch FP/RH issue-based special events in different national levels
- Develop strategies for increasing civil society organizations' (CSOs) knowledge and awareness of FP/RH issues and RH rights to increase commitment/ involvement of local government.
- Maintain close collaborative relationships with different national stakeholders in the field of community mobilization to share lessons learned and advance its knowledge and practice.
- As requested by the Team Leader and/or Coordinator of Technical Services, represents the Program in an official capacity.
- Strengthen linkages and referral system between health facilities and community-based activities.
- Participates in country assessments to explore the potential for SBCC interventions, building on previous programs, research efforts, and lessons learned from around the world.
- Assists project staff and collaborators to develop a comprehensive behavior change strategy, based on analysis of behavioral barriers and facilitators, which will guide project activities to improve multiple behaviors in a concurrent fashion. The strategy will be closely linked with the project's policy, training and service delivery interventions, and use mass media and interpersonal communications, as well as courtyard meetings, village theatre and other local approaches for reaching people with salient messages.
- Assures high quality of all IEC/ SBCC products and interventions developed under the project, i.e. radio and television productions; training curricula and courses; community level events; and research reports.
- Assist to develop and execute a plan to establish private sector capacity to design, implement, and evaluate behavior change activities, including behavior change communications.
- Minimum of Masters-level degree social science, public health or a related field;
- Minimum of four (4) years' relevant professional experience, preferably in field level work in Bangladesh.
- Hands on experience in mobilization of community groups and coalitions.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in family planning and reproductive health in the region, preferably in a technical capacity, and preferably including several years with USAID or with USAID-funded projects.
At least 4 year(s)
- Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System: Advanced knowledge of the Bangladesh Public and NGO Health and Family Planning service delivery system.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Advanced knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments. Advanced skills in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating development and intervention activities, preferably with USAID, WHO, or other donor organizations working in the health sector.
- Program Operations and Development: Advanced skills in implementing similar programs.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Advanced skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Community Relations: Advanced skills in facilitating work relationships between partners, government officials, and communities.
- Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak Bangla and English language.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Excellent interpersonal communication skill along with proven ability to influence others through diplomacy.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender equity, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Relationship Management: Demonstrated experience in management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills, with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in the public, NGO and private for-profit sectors;
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.