Category : NGO/Development Application deadline has been passed!
Shelter & Infrastructure Officer (Community Infrastructure Mobilization)
Danish Refugee Council
: Full Time
: Not mandatory
: Cox's Bazar
: Feb 09, 2019
: Feb 11, 2019
Job Description / Responsibility
- Assist, demonstrate, shadow new teams and where necessary lead, community focus group discussions in partnership and/or consultation with the Community Infrastructure Engineering team;
- Set up committees and lead focus group discussions regarding demands and needs in terms of infrastructure from the community's point of view;
- Training of community members on Code of Conduct, with communication and training tools specifically tailored towards communities that often have low literacy rates;
- Daily update and management of data-gathering and tracking tools used to monitor the project;
- In coordination with Community Infrastructure Mobilization Team Leader investigate and prioritise areas for land regeneration and shared gardening areas in the camp;
- Ensure DRC Code of Conduct is understood, acknowledged in writing, and strictly followed by the project staff and all volunteer labour, and infractions are reported in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager.
University education in Social Sciences, humanities, or anthropology (inclue certificats, licences etc.)
- EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: (INCLUDE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE)
- Experience working with an NGO in an emergency response setting is an advantage;
- Experience conducting monitoring, evaluation and reporting of distribution and/or NFI and/or shelter and/or WASH programming is an advantage;
- Strong experience in community engagement including facilitating focus group discussions and semi-structured interviewing is an advantage.
- Experience working on projects funded UNHCR, IOM, UNICEF, ECHO an advantage.
- Problem-solver and results-oriented;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office;
- Experience with digital data gathering platforms and tools (such as Kobo), including design of formats and evaluation of data;
- Experience in cash-voucher programming an advantage;
- Experience in administration and logistics an advantage;
- Must be willing to work during Friday's and Holidays if requested.
- LANGUAGES: (INDICATE FLUENCY LEVEL)
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council's Terms of Employment for National Staff in Bangladesh
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!