Friends In Village Development Bangladesh (FIVDB) is going to implement Technical Director- USAID/Feed the Future Bangladesh Nutrition Activity Project supported by Abt associates. Interested candidates are requested to apply for the position:
Job Description / Responsibility
- Upazila Specialists will closely work with the Technical Director to ensure smooth and effective operations of the program support activities in compliance with guide line develop, materials support & demo plot establish, budgeting, staff supervision, follow up & reporting. Have sound knowledge about new agricultural technology & climate adaptation technology.
- Linkage with rural market actor, and community group.
- Effective implementation of SBC and market development strategy.
- Closely work with Market Management Committee (MMC), mobile vendor, women group, existing adolescent group, Agro-input Retailor Network, Government agriculture officer.
- Organize training with mobile sale agent, Hat/bazar vendor, women Group, Adolescent.
- Organize and conduct Agriculture & Livelihood training, meeting, workshop at Upazila, Union and community level
- Assist to other staffs for conduct PRA methods at union/word level.
- Knowledge sharing on agricultural modern practices including integrated farming system
- Arrange exchange/learning visit, field day on updated technology for skill development of community
- Participate in Agricultural, Fruits and Tree fair's at union and upazila level for technology dissemination
- Collect monitoring data, compile, analysis and report to management. Support other team members to collect monitoring data, and verify data quality.
- Ensure inputs, materials; technical information & advice to beneficiaries for establish demonstration including nutrition garden
- Organize linkage meeting among the farmers, producer group, input & output actor including others stakeholder to ensure better market access
- Linkage & networking with upazila line department (Such as DAE, ULO), private sector
- Prepare all kind of quantity & qualitative reports as per donor & organizational requirement
- Any other task assignment by authority as & when requirement
- Masters in Nutrition/Agriculture/Social Science with relevant experience
- Total 5 years of relevant experience in the field of public health, agriculture, livelihood & climate change or working on programs of similar scope and complexity or equivalent combination of education and experience
At least 5 year(s)
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Demonstrated expertise in nutrition, livelihood, agriculture and other relevant technical areas that include public health, water/ sanitation/ hygiene, household food production, behavior change communications, capacity building, applied research, strengthening public sector service delivery systems.
- Experience of working with USAID projects in resilience, nutrition, food security and livelihood.
- Possess technical and program innovations, monitoring and evaluation as well as multi-sector approaches.
- Ability to drive motorcycle with having valid driving license
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power point) & email browsing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and substantial experience in monitoring and evaluation, especially in data/information collection and management, and supervise the staff who are responsible for data/information collection.
- Demonstrated skills and proficiency in management, supervision, coordination and collaboration.
- Willingness to travel to field areas and work in difficult environment from time to time.
- Weekly 2 holidays
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 1(Yearly)
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
FIVDB, Khadimnagar, Sylhet-3103
FIVDB is a development organization, established in 1979. Its major operation cover 7 major districts and concentrates round in the north-east of Bangladesh. It mission is to give disadvantage women, men and children greater voice, reduce their vulnerability, increase use of citizenship rights and help them enhance their quality of life.http://www.fivdb.net