- Friends In Village Development Bangladesh (FIVDB) is going to implement Technical Director- USAID/Feed the Future Bangladesh Nutrition Activity Project
- supported by Abt associates. Interested candidates are requested to apply for the position:
- Location : The position will be based at Project Office, Faridpur
Job Description / Responsibility
- The Technical Director will be responsible for overall implementation the project activity. S/he will be responsible for achieving the project goal and objectives. S/he will be answerable to ensure timely implementation of a well-coordinated Feed for the Future Bangladesh Nutrition Activity project and ensuring all project activities are carried out according to project plan and design. The Technical Director is the main wheel of the project for coaching and supervising the project staffs. S/he will reportable to the Focal Point/ED of the project.
- Oversee the implementation of integrated intervention in SBC, Nutrition, Agriculture, Women's and Adolescent Empowerment and WASH
- To develop project activity operational guideline, module, technical papers as per project requirement;
- Ensure overall coordination and communication between the project donor and FIVDB;
- Preparing the details work plan considering the target of the project period;
- Support in the recruitment of project staff and ensuring orientation with technical and logistics support of project team;
- Overall project financial management (Expenditure tracing, budget and budgetary control;
- Designing & facilitated orientation, training, workshop, and seminar for the project staff & beneficiary development ;
- Follow the activity advancement by regular visits the development of the project;
- Effectively coordinate with different stakeholders to ensure smooth & effective functions of field office management in all aspect ;
- Monitoring, support informal evaluation and reporting of progress in project implementation and achievement of targeted results, prepare and communicate all other reports required by the Project or FIVDB;
- Ensure collection and submission of MEL data on timely basis and take measures/conduct data quality assessments to improve data quality;
- Provide support, inform, sensitize, follow up, document in all gender sensitive issues, all policies, rules, regulations and norms to the staff.
- Timely preparation and submission of project reports to Respective donor representative and FIDVB management on monthly, quarterly, annually as required;
- Team management, knowledge sharing, facilitate meetings with project staff to regularly review program implementation and performance;
- Effective & efficient use of project assets & resources ;
- Any other duties as assigned by the FIVDB authority
- Masters in Nutrition/Public Health/ Social Science with relevant experience
- Total 7 years of relevant experience with national and international experience in the field of public health, agriculture, livelihood & climate change or working on programs of similar scope and complexity or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least 7 year(s)
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Demonstrated expertise in nutrition, livelihood, agriculture and other relevant technical areas that include public health, water/ sanitation/ hygiene, household food production, behavior change communications, capacity building, applied research, strengthening public sector service delivery systems.
- Experience of working with USAID projects in resilience, nutrition, food security and livelihood.
- Possess technical and program innovations, monitoring and evaluation as well as multi-sector approaches.
- Experience and demonstrated success in delivering technical assistance, and in working in collaboration with governments and partner organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and substantial experience in monitoring and evaluation are also required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and facilitation skills and extensive experience in human performance management.
- A track record of working with government and knowledge on understanding of linkages between sectors.
- Demonstrated skills and proficiency in management, supervision, coordination and collaboration.
- Proven innovating problem solving ability Commitment to and understanding of FIVDB’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness to travel to field areas and work in difficult environment from time to time.
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 1(Yearly)
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
FIVDB, Khadimnagar, Sylhet-3103
FIVDB is a development organization, established in 1979. Its major operation cover 7 major districts and concentrates round in the north-east of Bangladesh. It mission is to give disadvantage women, men and children greater voice, reduce their vulnerability, increase use of citizenship rights and help them enhance their quality of life.http://www.fivdb.net