Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM) invites applications for the following positions for immediate appointment in the ongoing SHOUHARDO III Project, in partnership with CARE Bangladesh and funding support of USAID. The goal of the project is to "Improve gender equitable food security, nutrition and resilience of vulnerable people within Bangladesh for 549,00 poor and extremely poor people by 2020" . DAM is implementing the SHOUHARDO III program in Sunamganj (Taherpur & Doara Bazar Upazillas) and Hobiganj (Baniachong & Azmirigonj Upazillas) districts supported by CARE Bangladesh.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Upazilla based Technical Officer (TO) - Health, Hygiene and Nutrition (HHN) and Women Empowerment (WE) is mainly responsible for capacity building through providing training and regular on the job support to the Field Trainers (FTs) to better understand the SHOUHARDO III Program goal, purposes, strategies, field modules and guidelines etc., includes environmental compliances and be able to implement activities in an integrated and qualitative manner.
- S/he will also provide backstop support to FTs to train concerned Natural Leaders especially local level health service providers and private community based skilled birth attended (PCSBA) and also with the UPNNPC.
- The TO-HHN & WE will spend quality time to work with MoH&FW counterparts to continue advocacy to ensure supplies and services for PEPs.
- S/he will also guide the FTs to prepare and implement their work plans. The TO-HHN & WE will be responsible to link the communities with the relevant government, NGO and private sector actors.
- S/he will also make sample checks on the FTs and Natural Leaders' works to ensure integration and quality implementation of program of activities in the field.
Masters in Social Science/Masters of Public Health or any other related disciplines
At least 5 year(s)
- Having minimum 5 years of working experience in the field of maternal child health and nutrition, especially in food security program
- Computer skills-MS Office and using internet tools
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Bangla
- Capacity to write basic reports.
- Good communication and facilitation capacity.
- Technical officers -Health, Hygiene & Nutrition and Women Empowerment (HHN&WE) category must be female.
- Willing to drive motor cycle and should have valid driving license
- Technical Officer- Health, Hygiene & Nutrition and Women Empowerment should be given preference for recruitment from respective district or minimum from respective division.
- Other admissible benefits as per program allocation and organization policy.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Please apply in confidence with updated CV along with two professional reference, photograph and contact cell number to Deputy Director, HR, Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM), House-19, Road-12 (New), Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1209. Only deserving candidates are requested to apply.
Equal opportunities: DAM values diversity in the workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion. Please mark the position applied for on the envelope .Only short listed candidates will be called for interview. Any form of persuasion will be considered as disqualification.
Application Deadline : Mar 02, 2019
House # 19, Road # 12 (New), Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1209.
Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM) is a large well-known NGO established in 1958 and works in the fields of education, livelihood, health and human rights thus serves the disadvantaged groups of population towards their improved living.http://www.ahsaniamission.org.bd