Category : NGO/Development Application deadline has been passed!
Programme Policy Officer (Monitoring, Evidence Documentation)
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
: At least 10 year(s)
: Not mentioned
: Jan 01, 2019
: Jan 14, 2019
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Type of contract: Service Contract
- Duration of contract: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
- Level of function: SC-8
- Location: Dhaka
- Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Job Description / Responsibility
- Within the framework of WFP's Resilience Innovation and under the overall guidance of the Deputy Country Director (Strategy and Programme), and direct supervision of the Manager Activity-8, the incumbent will:
- Support planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on effectiveness of resilience innovation interventions (FbF, Micro-insurance, SLP); programme modalities;
- Prepare resilience innovation specific communication work plans to maintain and enhance the visibility and reputation of WFP, as well as support fundraising activities, ensuring alignment with overall communications and WFP strategies;
- Contribute to communications through good research, analysis of assigned area of work and timely preparation and distribution of information products to target audience; solicit inputs from the audience in designing tools and methods particularly on FbF, micro-insurance and seasonal livelihood programming
- Maintain a contact list of stakeholders both government and non-government and update on news/information about WFP's resilience innovation works; generate donor specific visibility content including, text, photos, videos and audio for use across a range of integrated online platforms;
- Support capacity building of WFP sub-office and CP resilience innovation team staff on all aspects of data generation, report drafting, communication, provides advice and guidance within area and level of expertise;
- In consultation with Country Office M&E unit, design M&E frame for the resilience innovation interventions and organize baseline, mid-line and end line assessment to generate evidences from the interventions; Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions and to enhance WFPs ability to demonstrate outcome focussed results.
- Disseminate programmatic evidences; promote advocacy messages and recommendations to mainstreaming best practices that are evidenced from the piloting of the resilience interventions;
- Organize periodic review on work progress, prepare report on resilience activities for the donors, Government and WFP senior management;
- Organize national level seminar/workshop with key stakeholders to keep informed on the resilience innovation activity progress, challenges; and to buy-in their support, as needed.
Advanced University degree in International Relations, Public Relations, Communications, Social Science or other relevant fields.
At least 10 year(s)
- The person should have 10 years' experience and at least 3 years of experience in activities and/or projects that involved project proposal preparation and reporting on project accomplishment.
- Proven expertise in information collection and documentation, including using participatory methods of data collection
- Cultivated sustainable relationships with local NGOs, government authorities, and other implementation partners.
- Has research experience using variety of analytical tools and methods for causality analysis, forecasting, and other data modeling needs.
- Performed monitoring, evaluations and assessments at multiple field locations.
- Language: Good command over spoken and written in English and Bangla
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!
Other jobs of this Category