- INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE VA/FTA/084/2018
- Position number : 10030003
- Location : UNHCR Sub Office, Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Duration : One year initially
- Date of Entry on Duty : January 2019
- Category and Level : General Service - G6 (Fixed Term Appointment)
Job Description / Responsibility
- The Office delivers reliable, accessible and user-friendly, relevant, predictable, appropriate and timely information.
- Global data standards, and where appropriate, the establishment of country-specific common data standards are adopted by UNHCR and its partners.
- Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners, including UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
- Compile and aggregrate information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
- Collect, collate and process information and perform data quality and consistency control.
- Produce summary statistics.
- Support the coordination of data collection teams.
- Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
- Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed frequencies.
- Participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data exploration.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
- Make recommendations and provide advice on the technical information management requirements.
Completion of Secondary education with certificate/training in information technology, demography, statistics, social sciences or any related area.
At least 6 year(s)
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.).
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of local language.
- Successful participation in the Operational Data management Learning Programme.
- Experience in web design and software development is an asset.
- Experience with relevant software such as ArcGIS, Mapinfo, SPSS, EpiInfo6, SQL Server, and/or proGres.
- Experience with HTML, PHP, ASP and/or Java is an asset.
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit their applications with complete Personal History Form and Supplementary Pages via online UNHCR Bangladesh Job Portal www.unhcr.io/jobs
Application Deadline : Dec 19, 2018