Category : NGO/Development Application deadline has been passed!
Information Management (IM) Associate
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Representation in Bangladesh
: At least 6 year(s)
: Cox's Bazar
: Not mentioned
: Dec 06, 2018
: Dec 19, 2018
- INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE VA/FTA/084/2018
- Position number : 10030003
- Location : UNHCR Sub Office, Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Duration : One year initially
- Date of Entry on Duty : January 2019
- Category and Level : General Service - G6 (Fixed Term Appointment)
Job Description / Responsibility
- The Office delivers reliable, accessible and user-friendly, relevant, predictable, appropriate and timely information.
- Global data standards, and where appropriate, the establishment of country-specific common data standards are adopted by UNHCR and its partners.
- Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners, including UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
- Compile and aggregrate information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
- Collect, collate and process information and perform data quality and consistency control.
- Produce summary statistics.
- Support the coordination of data collection teams.
- Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
- Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed frequencies.
- Participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data exploration.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
- Make recommendations and provide advice on the technical information management requirements.
Completion of Secondary education with certificate/training in information technology, demography, statistics, social sciences or any related area.
At least 6 year(s)
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.).
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of local language.
- Successful participation in the Operational Data management Learning Programme.
- Experience in web design and software development is an asset.
- Experience with relevant software such as ArcGIS, Mapinfo, SPSS, EpiInfo6, SQL Server, and/or proGres.
- Experience with HTML, PHP, ASP and/or Java is an asset.
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!
Latest jobs of this Company
Other jobs of this Category