- Reference Code: SVN-108/2018/S - BD1
- Estimated Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Classification: G-06/01 (UN Salary Scale)
- Type of Appointment: Special Short Term
- (Initially 3 months; with possibility of extension)
Job Description / Responsibility
- Under the overall supervision of the Emergency Coordinator in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh, the direct supervision of the Needs and Population Monitoring (NPM) Coordinator, and under the supervision of the Information Management Officer and Database Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Under the supervision of the Database Manager, design, develop, and maintain an integrated mechanism for data collection using but not limited to, the Open Data Kit (ODK) platform and Kobo toolbox as a set of assessments tools.
- Under the guidance of the Database Manager, assist by Identifying, developing, implementing, and supporting technology solutions for Information Management and database system related support for all IOM Bangladesh mission in line with ITC policies and standards.
- Support the collection, submission, quality control mechanisms and the transfer of data from an ODK server (MySQL) to NPM server (SQL).
- In coordination with the Database Manager design solutions to integrate, centralize and automate data and information management within the program for enhanced achievement of displacement related data.
- Assist the Database Manager in developing and maintaining MySQL and SQL Servers.
- Provide support to reporting data and data analysis;
- Visit field offices to provide technical support to the usage of information and database systems.
- Liaise with other components of the NPM team and provide IM support and training to Operation officers and field enumerators;
- Participate and lead trainings related to data collection and data entry addressed to external actors, including other IOM units, external organisations, sectors.
- Under the guidance of database manager, design databases and auxiliary information sub-systems for existing or new programmes and projects;
- Develop and implement proper queries for data validation, analysis and reporting purposes.
- Provide user support, guidelines/database documentation, training materials, and training sessions on the deployment, use, operation, and maintenance of data collection systems to programme staff, and implementing partners; 13. Assist the Database Manager in developing specific program guidelines and procedures related to information systems, including required data collection instruments and manuals to be used for field level data collection exercises and ensure that these are correctly implemented.
- Support the team by assisting with data entry activities;
- IOM is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
- IOM Offices and vehicles have smoke-free work environment.
- Provide additional support with regards to translation of forms, questionnaire, guidelines for
- information management and operational purposes.
- Carry on standard basic database-related tasks autonomously under minimal supervision of the
- database manager;
- Be ready to learn new tools and techniques if required;
- Liaise with DTM Global, under the supervision of the Database manager, to implement new functions or
- find solutions to technical problems related but not limited to DTM databases and kobo servers.
- Perform such other duties as maybe required.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science with five years of relevant
- professional experience: or
- High School Degree/Certificate in the above field with seven years of relevant professional
At least 5 year(s)
- At least five year of experience using the following tools: Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visual Studio (ASP .NET C#), SQL Server. Experience in the development and implementation of population database systems (such as registrations, census or surveys).
- Minimum three year of experience in systems analysis and development, data modelling and SQL programming
- Minimum two year of experience in develop and maintaining data system with ODK/Kobo.
Base Salary: BDT 128,111.50
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting