- Department/ Division : Medical Services
- Office Timing : Roster Hour
- Office Location : Apollo Hospitals Dhaka
- Reports To : Consultant & Coordinator
Job Description / Responsibility
- Making rounds with consultant and doing post round activities like following up on investigations
- Checking the discharge summary prepared by the junior doctors
- Morning and evening follow-up of the patients of the department before the consultants round
- Attending the calls from wards and ER.
- Active involvement on teaching and training of junior medical staff
- Organizing the intra and inter departmental seminar and journal clubs. and assist consultants in publishing papers in journals.
- Report to the Coordinator on all administrative and clinical issues
- Assessment of patients on admission and admitting the patients independently with discussion with the consultants
- Detailed review of history and Physical examination and documentation with in the first 24 hours of admission.
- Continually monitor and review patient progress and adjust the management plan when necessary and to take appropriate initiatives in Medical emergencies when required after consultation with the consultant.
- Follow hospital practices and demonstrate initiative aligned to ensuring the safest possible environment for patients and staff.
- To attend all clinical meetings and work shops and actively participate in paper presentations.
- To be part of training programs conducted in the hospital and to take continuous initiatives for knowledge and skill up gradation.
- To oversee the activities of the Residents and guide them and co-coordinate the activities of all intra departmental NCPs..
- To be an active member for the quality initiatives of the hospital and ensure documentation as per hospital policy.
- IN CASE OF NEW ADMISSION: Review the history, related labs and current medications before consultant visit
- IN CASE OF REFERRAL PATIENT: Follow the referral patients and manage them under the supervision of consultant
- IN CASE OF ANY PROCEDURE :( ENDOSCOPY AND COLONOSCOPY& OTHER PROCEDURES e.g Paracentesis ABG etc: Guide the residents on procedures and ensure the preparation and appropriate follow up after the procedure
- IN CASE OF DISCHARGE: Ensure the accuracy of discharge summary with diagnosis and medication under the supervision of consultants
- IN CASE OF ALL PATIENTS: Supervision and monitoring of junior physicians, to be involved in patient counseling under the supervision of consultants.
Full Time, Contractual
- MBBS with FCPS/ MD in Gastroenterology or Internal Medicine.
- Must have BMDC registration.
At most 1 year(s)
- Age 30 to 35 years
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Plot 81, Block E, Bashundhara R/A, Dhaka-1229
Apollo Hospitals Dhaka, a 450-bed super-specialty multi-disciplinary tertiary level hospital, is the first and only hospital in Bangladesh that has been accredited by Joint Commission International. This prestigious accreditation signifies Apollo Hospitals Dhaka`s commitment to quality, safety and continuous improvement in patient care.http://www.apollodhaka.com/